Seriously?

Aitana's POV

"Would you like to come in?" I asked her hesitantly as I opened the door wider. I was met with an eager nod as she immediately stepped forward.

"I would love to." McKinley smiled following me to my living room.

"Want something to drink?"

She politely shook her head no and watched as I walked around nervously before joining her on the couch. Fuck what am I even supposed to say?

"Thanks..." I held up the jersey shyly as I looked back down. This is really it. The number seven. Martin across the back. The three stars above the crest. It was the round of sixteen jersey I wanted four years ago.

"I should have given you that four years ago. I apologize for how I acted. I know its not the same but I hope you like it-you know atleast having it now." She stuttered out as she looked around nervously.

"I understand the effort. Thanks."

"So are we possibly going to be good now?"

"I'm sorry I was so standoffish at first."

"It was potentially warranted." She let out a light laugh and smiled at me.

"I mean four years is a pretty long time to hold a grudge...I could have given you a second chance sooner." I admitted shyly. Atleast things were turning around.

"Well the jersey is my ticket to a second chance so now we get to start over." She beamed happily as she rested her chin on her hand. Her eyes watching all of my small movements as we talked.

"I'll agree to that." I nodded. I could feel myself blushing lightly.

"What's the blush for?" She asked me curiously yet shocked by her own question.

"I'm happy right now and relieved honestly."

"Why did I stress you out Aitana? I want to be friends. I want to be happy on a team for once and you're wrong you know. I'm not here to win. I want to be on a team that is successful but more importantly I want to play for Barcelona because this city loves the game of futbol. This team doesn't play to win they play because they love the sport."

I smiled and moved a little further reaching out to gently hold her hand. I felt bad that I misread her at first but maybe just maybe we'd both leave it all in the past. She's willing to move past and now so am I.

"I know you do. I can tell you love the sport as much as I do. I know that you just want to play with people who love it as well. I've heard things about your team...the pressure to win and the lack of love for the sport. It's more business and stats than anything." I told her feeling sorry for her.

"Yeah...it sucks." She scrunched her nose with a goofy voice making me giggle.

"Who was your inspiration?" She asked me curiously.

"Hmm Iniesta, Xavi, I mean there's so many Spanish heroes for me to look up to."

"Good choices."

"And you?"

"Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. Aka Ronaldooooo." She obnoxiously dragged out his name as the announcer do.

"Hence the number seven jersey?" I asked her with a smile but she shook her head.

"If I wanted to wear his jersey number I actually would have wanted to wear seventeen. Back to his roots when he was Cristiano Ronaldo the young poor kid from Portugal. Seven is a family number." She trailed off quietly.

"Wanna tell me about it?" I quirked my head to side but she shook her head lightly.

"Can I trust you with somethings about me?" She looked at me with a small frown.

"Of course." I placed my hand out again. She hesitantly took it in hers. I gently rubbed my thumb over the back of her hand and waited for her to talk.

"I came from nothing. Absolutely nothing and I beat the odds of making my way through cut throat money run soccer leagues in the United States. I had to have so many people sponsor me through my life that I always felt so much pressure to be the best because making a mistake wasn't an option.

I'm jealous of you every time I think about the way you love soccer because for you it's been so different. It's been enjoyable.

I was really hoping that being here would change the way I've had to experience soccer so far. I want to be able to love soccer again."

She let out a relieved breath. I could tell how much she wanted to get that off her chest to someone. I know that I judged her before I gave her a chance but maybe I could change it all from here.

"It's futbol."

"What?" She looked at me confused and I cracked a smile. "It's futbol not soccer."

"Oh shut up Bonmati!" She fell back against the couch and laughing so hard she was holding her stomach.

"Maybe I could help with that stress off the field. I'm glad we talked." I squeezed her hand.

"Can I give you a hug?"

"Always." I nodded and stood up to stand next to the girl who was only an inch taller than me. Which quite often everyone else on the team towered over me.

She squeezed her arms tight around me and I felt a odd wave of goosebumps run up my body. I let go first and she immediately followed suit when she no longer felt my hold around her.

"Umm I guess I'll leave you alone for the night. Thank you for giving me another chance Aitana. It really made my day." She flashed on last smile before grabbing her things and walking towards the door.

I didn't want her to leave but I couldn't bring myself to ask her to stay. I watched her begin to leave and I blurted out desperately.

"Breakfast?!"

"Umm?"

"Breakfast tomorrow? Do-do you umm want to get breakfast before practice tomorrow?" I asked her eagerly and she put her helmet on without answering.

"I'll see you at seven." She got on the bike and zoomed away as I smiled like an idiot standing in my front doorway.