Buddies

Aitana's POV

I jumped up when I heard a little knock at the door. She was here. Okay, let's do this.

"Morning."

"Good morning!" God I sound eager.

"Ready?" She smiled as she pulled a second helmet into view. My eyes grew wide as I realized she wanted me to ride on the bike.

"Come on you trust me, right?" She quirked her head to the side and smiled. I felt a small twist in my stomach as I thought of an answer.

"I've never been on a bike..." I eyed the helmet scared. She smiled before beginning to pull it back towards her but I jumped forward and grabbed it out of her hand.

"Atta girl." She smiled and gave me a small wink as we walked outside.

"I'm going to need help with this thing." I held the helmet up. She smiled big as she put hers down on the bike and took a step towards me. I gently pulled it onto my head and she smiled safely adjusting the strap and securing the helmet to my head.

She quickly put hers on and sat down on the bike as I stared at her awkwardly.

"Here, wear this. Then you're gonna wrap your arms around me and hold tight unless you wanna go flying off this thing." I nodded placing the backpack on my shoulders then carefully swinging my leg over the bike.

She told you to put your arms around her Aitana. Do it so you don't die. I lightly placed my arms around her torso. She pulled them up a little and tightened her hold on me.

We backed out of the driveway and she slowly took off. I wouldn't lie it was a little fun. The bike maybe wasn't the worst thing in the world. I kept my hold on the girl extremely tight still in fear that I might fall off.

"You survived." She parked the bike then jumped off before helping lift me off the bike.

"I might have died a few streets back."

"Oh you're fine." She pulled me in by my waist and my stomach did flips. Her hands gently raised and undid my helmet as I pulled it off to breath easier without it on.

"Do I have helmet hair?"

"You look perfect." She pulled a small strand of hair behind my ear then smiled and led me inside to eat.

"Table for two please." I told the hostess.

"Aitana and McKinley, look who we have here." Lucy and Ona strolled up with a big smile. Oh god. Out of anyone from the team it had to be them?

"Hey you guys? Wait do you wanna join us?!" McKinley hugged the two with a big smile. She was close friends with the two girls since joining the team.

"If you don't mind we'd love to." Ona hugged me and kissed the side of my forehead.

"Of course." McKinley got the hostess to change the table and we were quickly seated. All four of us together...great.

"I did not expect to see the two of you here together. I'm excited to see the two of you possibly play together." Lucy tried to spark conversation but now there was an odd tension between McKinley and I.

"Aitana and I play the exact same spot so I suppose that's doubtful....I mean Aitana is obviously the starter for the spot." McKinley admitted to them shyly.

"You're going to play plenty." I replied to her compliment but tried to avoid eye contact at all cost during this breakfast.

"So when did you two start to hangout?" Ona asked curiously since she's probably not heard about it from either of us.

"We're newly breakfast buddies." I shrugged as the waiter placed down drinks for us.

"Yeah breakfast buddies." McKinley smiled.

"Well that's good that the two of you aren't-." Ona smacked Lucy's leg to shut her up. She was probably about to say good thing that we aren't fighting anymore.

"Yes yes I was forgiven." McKinley admitted referring to the issue caused a few years ago. A grudge I may have held for too long.

"How so? If you don't mind me asking." Ona looked interested in our newly forming friendship.

"I gave her the jersey and apologized which I should have done a long time ago." She explained and smiled my way.

"You know we're not very different. McKinley and I both share the same goals and ideas. We would have became friends sooner or later." I told them with a smile on my face.

"I agree." McKinley told them proudly as she looked over at me with a half smile. Her eyes lingered on me for a little too long.

"Umm so what are you going to get?" I cleared my throat and she glanced back down at the menu shyly.

"Haven't picked yet. Any recommendations?"

"Oh I like this meal." Ona pointed to a spot on the other girls menu and I looked up a little annoyed because she asked me. I know Ona though and she was always just trying to be helpful like she always is.

"Wait what's with the helmets?" Ona looked over confused at the booth a helmet beside both McKinley and me.

"I rode my bike here, duh."

"Okay but there's two?" Lucy looked at me with a small smirk and I blushed.

"I also rode her bike here..." I looked down at the helmet remembering the terrifying yet fun ride to the restaurant.

"That sounds fun! McKinley can I have a ride sometime?" Ona flashed her a smile. Both Lucy and I looked at her with a what the fuck facial expressions but the small defender didm't seem to notice.

"Yeah sure. After breakfast maybe?"

"Who is going to drive me home?" My eyes shot over to her quickly.

"Well I figured we could have hangout today before practice? Only if you and Lucy are okay with that." I don't want to ride with Lucy I want to ride with you. God stupid Americans.

"Yeah I guess..." I shrugged and Lucy nodded but the two of us were no where near on board with the plan.

The rest of the breakfast Lucy was almost silent as she watched Ona, McKinley, and I speak to each other. I could sense some jealousy building up in her and maybe it was warranted. Ona did seem a little too interested in McKinley. McKinley seemed to entertain that attention a little bit too much as well.

"So catch the two of you at my place?" Ona asked as we all stood up.

"Yeah sure. See you there. McKinley thank you for Breakfast." I waved as I exited with Lucy. McKinley insisted that she paid for my meal since I did overcome my fear and rode the bike to the place.

Lucy and I got in the car and it wasn't until we began to drive away that she turned to me and began talking.

"Does Ona seem to like McKinley to you as well? Or am I just being jealous?" Lucy asked me cautiously. I didn't want to lie to her but I also didn't want to say the truth.

"I...I'm not sure. Maybe a little. The two really seem to enjoy being friends." I sugar coated it as best as possible.

"You're her bestfriend should I ask her?"

"I cannot give you advice when it comes to Ona and relationships Luce. I mean I got rejected by her and was oblivious to her current relationship with you."

"Yeah sorry I shouldn't involve you. I just figured you'd care since you and McKinley you know..." I raised an eyebrow but she just dropped the topic and remain silent the rest of the way there.

"Me and McKinley what?"

"You seem to kind of like each other." With that Lucy parked her car and entered the apartment of number twenty two.

A\N: Can we all please talk about the fact that Ona and Lucy prob are dating. If you haven't seen the latest video of them after the sociedad game go find it. Those two gotta be together...