01 | Second Time Meeting You

WINTER'S POV

I sigh as I look outside at the window. A new city, a new state, a new life. I don't mind a change of place. Though I disliked having to introduce myself, many would most likely find my accent hard to understand I suppose. Due to me being originally from Busan... Now I am at Seoul, although it isn't so bad here.

"Ms. Minjeong, we have arrived." My personal driver glanced to look at me by using the mirror, then proceeds to look back on the road. I did not reply. The car stops after a few seconds and I took a glance at the school. It was much more bigger than my mother exaggerated, the school was for children who were mostly wealthy. I took my bag and as I was about to open the car door, my driver spoke "Ms. Minjeong." He turned his head behind to look at me. I remained quiet as I stared back at him. He gave me a reassuring smile and a thumbs up, I smiled back at him, feeling my heart calming down. He was sweet towards me ever since I was younger.

I opened the car door and exited the vehicle. Many were also arriving. This is going to be my sophomore year, I hope I'd get to have some alone time. Each step I took felt more anxious. I entered the building and the hallways had multiple voices of students chatting and cheering. I walked with my head down, trying not to be noticed by anyone. Some had noticed me and whispered to others which leads to them all staring at me. I felt uneasy. Many knew me from my wealth, my reputation or my parents.

'Alright, Minjeong... You got this.' I thought to myself, trying to stay confident as I could. I lifted my head a bit to see where I was going. Some was still paying attention to me but some brushed it off. I was glad. As I was searching for my locker, I accidentally bumped against someone. I stumbled back slightly. "Hey! Be careful, you could've fallen." The girl's voice sounded familiar even though it was deep and matured, her tone wasn't mad or anything, actually a hint of concern. The older girl glanced to look at me. I managed to get a good look at her face as I lifted my head, she looked ethereal. My eyes widened slightly. I knew her.

I continued to stare at her eyes, I was mesmerised.
It was Yu Jimin, or should I say...
KARINA.

KARINA'S POV

The girl that bumped into me seemed a few inches shorter than me, I assume she's a junior of mine due to her height. She lifted her head and I was shocked to see who it was.

Kim Minjeong, or so-called WINTER.

The famous girl with soft yet gentle features, talented and intelligent from a wealthy family. Who knew that we would cross paths again. We hadn't seen each other since I was thirteen. We both remained quiet for a couple of minutes to process what we were both looking at, I finally got up the courage to speak. "... Kim Minjeong?" I asked. The younger one seemed a bit stunned, I assume she'd thought that I did not remember her. Perhaps because we both are much older now, our looks are changing.

Though, my heart aches slightly, our past memories still haunts me. I hope I don't mess up this time.
"Nice to meet you... again." This time, our interaction was awkward.

WINTER'S POV

I'm totally red right now. My cheeks flustered as I tried to think what to say next. The last time we saw each other was... unnatural. Karina... I mean, Jimin, knows I disliked attention and I was pretty quiet myself.

"It's... nice to meet you as well." I spoke. My voice was gentle and soft, though I glanced away in order to hide my embarrassment.

KARINA'S POV

Did I do something wrong? Why is she glancing away from me? Is it because I said 'Again'? What do I do... what do I do?! I remained the calm attitude but in my head I was freaking out entirely. I had no clue what to do.

NOTE:
Sorry if this chapter was short! This was rushed and I'll probably fix it if I have the time. Please do tell me if there are any mistakes. Thank you for reading this and I hope you stay tune for further more updates <3