14 | On Stage

Thursday, 12:26pm.

Minjeong was anxious. She had only experienced being on stage for a couple of times, yet they all turned out unsatisfying for her. The younger girl was sitting alone at the back of the stage as she tried to comprehend her emotions. All of the other crew members were busy applying makeup to the back up dancers, setting up the cameras and lighting, preparing special props and more. Jimin was chatting with a staff to clear things up when she noticed Minjeong's nervous expression. The shorter girl was never good at expressing herself. Of course, the older girl took the matters into her own hands. She walked towards Minjeong and sat down beside her. This took the puppy-like girl off guard but she tried to pretend like normally she does.

"How are you feeling?" Jimin asks as she turned her head to look at Minjeong. Her tone was gentle towards her, like she was trying to reassure and comfort her in some sort of way.

"I'm okay." The younger girl responded bluntly as a soft sigh slipped from her mouth.

For a moment, it was quiet.

"Hey, look at me." The older girl brushed her shoulder against hers.

Minjeong was hesitant but obediently lifted her head from the ground.

"You're going to do great, I promise." She spoke with sincerity.

"How do you know?" The sulky girl asked in a quiet tone.

"I just do." Jimin had a reassuring smile on her face as she lifted her hand, gesture Minjeong to do a cross with her. "Ji."

This gesture made the shorter girl felt much better. She proceeded to do the same, "Min-Jeong."

"Cross." The two girls said in a sync. Minjeong smiled softly as she calmed down by Jimin's reassuring and comforting presence beside her. "After this, we're all going to hangout at Ningning's restaurant. Wanna come?" The taller girl invited. Without hesitation, Minjeong nodded which made Jimin much happier nonetheless. This means that they both were on good terms again. It wasn't awkward anymore like it used to be.

"Next up is, 'Jingle Bell Rock' by Yu Jimin and Kim Minjeong!" The announcer says with enthusiasm while holding the microphone. The audience cheered loudly. They never thought they needed a duo of their two favourite people singing together. The curtains were raised and the audience applauded loudly as they saw the younger girl and the older girl. Multiple voices being heard from the crowd, students holding signs 'Go Karina and Minjeong-ssi!!' All of them were supportive and could not wait for the performance. Of course, they had high expectations. For Jimin, yes, for Minjeong they are not entirely sure. Minjeong was personal about her experiences. But they knew The Kim Minjeong would not disappoint them.

The music starts playing, the melody was enthusiastic and optimistic enough for the audience to get excited. Minjeong's calmness turned into panic as she sees the numerous students and teachers in the crowd. Though, when she was staring at the crowd, she heard someone 'psst' at her. She quickly turned her head and made eye contact with Jimin. Her gaze softened as the older one tries to reassure the younger girl by nodding, a gentle smile formed on her face. She took a deep breath.

MJ

"Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowin' and blowin' up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun"