02 | Chemistry

Years ago...

"Karina-unnie!" The youngest shouted, stumbling on her way towards the oldest. The oldest turned to look at the younger one as she wrapped her arms around Jimin's neck, falling into Jimin's arms. The older one managed to catch her.
"Winter! Be careful, You could've fallen." Jimin said in a soft tone with concern. Minjeong did not care and kept hugging the older one. Of course, the two cared for each other.

The first time they met was when they were five and six. Minjeong and her parents visited Seoul for a month to visit a friend of her father. Yu Chul and Kim Minseo, they both were close as they had similar passions and shared their dreams together since they were children as well. They stayed at the Yu's Resident, that is how Jimin and Minjeong got to know each other from the start.

Although... not really from the start. As Jimin's parents visited Busan to celebrate the new year's with their friends, but Kim Hanuel, as in Minjeong's mother was in her third trimester. Yes, She was pregnant with Minjeong while Jimin was a year older. When Minjeong could finally go home, Minjeong and Jimin met for the first time.

They'd usually go to Seoul, Busan or on a vacation including their parents when they were younger whenever there was a holiday. The first time they met was when it was winter, therefore Jimin gave Minjeong the nickname 'Winter' and Jimin got her nickname 'Karina' from Minjeong due to Jimin liking a model in a magazine she saw who's named was 'Katarina', therefore Minjeong shortened it. They're both close and managed to stay in contact even in a long distance relationship. Just like their fathers.

Minjeong had always been comfortable around the Yu's. They did not judge her if she rather stay inside more often than going outside, or if she doesn't sits properly because she's uncomfortable.

However, one day while they were visiting at Seoul.
Minjeong and Jimin were currently twelve and thirteen years old, thus they were getting more mature and talking about normal girl stuff when they're starting to hit puberty.

"Winter." The older calls out, she was laying on her bed on her stomach with both of her legs up behind her as she was reading a book.

"Yeah?" The younger one replies as she pulled down her headphones, sitting across the older one.

"Have you ever thought about getting a boyfriend?"

"Not really." The younger one was uninterested with the conversation, Minjeong was about to put on her headphones again but Jimin stopped her from doing so.

"Minjeong-ah." The older one stared into the younger's eyes.

"What?"

The room goes silent.

The two kept staring at each other's eyes.

Suddenly, Jimin slowly crept up her posture and got closer towards Minjeong.

Minjeong was confused, though she wasn't thinking of anything bad.

Jimin stared at Minjeong again for a few seconds.
Unexpectedly, she gently pressed her lips against Minjeong's.

Minjeong couldn't reciprocate, she just can't.

Her eyes widened instead.

BEAUTY AND WEALTH | WINRINAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें