10 | Avoiding Love

WINTER'S POV

I leaned my head against the window, thinking about how I'm going to make it through the day with Jimin's presence. My personal driver seemed to sense that something was wrong. "Ms. Kim, are you alright?" He spoke softly towards me as he looked at me by using the mirror. I nodded. I wasn't really in the mood in talking. A brief moment of silence was cut off by my driver, he was humming a familiar tune... a familiar song. My eyes widened as I realised.

I remained quiet as I heard the piano playing. I moved closer towards the sound and peeked my head out to see who it was. Of course, it was Jimin. I wanted to hear more by getting closer but I was already mesmerised by the playing keys. However, Jimin stopped at her mid keys. She seemed to sense that my presence was near, she turned her head to look at me peeking at her. I got caught red-handed. "Minjeong-ah?" She chuckled as she looked at my expression like I just got busted. I didn't say anything. Jimin scooted on the edge and patted the empty spot beside her, signalling me to sit beside her. As I was the usual, the kind of kid to do whatever someone tells me to do, I sat down beside her. I heard Jimin laughing softly again.

"What?" I lifted my head to look up at her. "Nothing, you always do things without thinking twice. Like a puppy." She glances back at the keys with a smile on her face. I blinked multiple times. My eyes went down to look at the keys that Jimin started playing again. Her elegant ways of pressing the keys were admirable, everything about her was so perfect. "Hey, how about we create a song together?"

"A song?"

She nodded as she kept on pressing the keys with her right hand. "You could make up the lyrics and I'll make a rhythm for you."

I remained quiet as I tried to think of the words I could use for this song. Jimin started the notes.

I started.

"So long, I've been looking too hard
I've been waiting too long
Sometimes I don't know what I will find
I only know it's a matter of time
When you love someone
Avoiding Love is hard
When you love someone
It doesn't matter, you won't get far
It feels so right, so warm and true
I need to know if you feel it too
Maybe I'm wrong
Won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong?
This heart of mine has been hurt before
This time I want to be sure"

The piano ended beautiful, the song ended beautifully. This was a joyful memory for us both.

I snapped back to reality. We both thought it was platonic... it was platonic, right? I slowly lifted my head up and looked at my driver in disbelief.
"How did you..." I stopped mid sentence. I didn't even remember we made a song together. "You two were inseparable as children. So different, yet so sweet to one towards another." A gentle smile formed on his face. I remained quiet as I processed.

I remembered that the night that I left, I continued the song. However at that time... alone.

"When you love someone
Avoiding Love is real hard
When you love someone
It doesn't matter, you won't get far
What am I supposed to do without you?
I don't want to get over you
Don't want to avoid, not anymore
But it's hard...
To Avoid Love"

I sighed softly. I hummed the tune as I'm on the way to school.

...

Finally, after a few minutes I've finally arrived. I picked up my bag and opened the door. Before I got out, I spoke "Thank you." He replied by nodding with a smile on his face. I entered the school. Feeling the students crowding me immediately. My eyes wandering all over the place, trying my best to give my attention towards others to the fullest. I disliked receiving attention like this. This was so... uncomfortable. I felt someone grabbing my wrist, I assumed it would be Jimin which I was startled at. However, it was a guy nodding at me, like he was asking me for permission to help me get out of here. I nodded back at him. He grabbed me, pulling me away from the crowd. "Are you alright? Got a little intense there, huh?" He kept grabbing my wrist which I didn't respond.

He noticed me looking down towards my wrist and he immediately let go. "Oh, I'm sorry. I, uh... allow me introduce myself. I'm Na Jaemin." He bowed to me. He seemed to have manners, it was charming. He stood up straight again, staring directly at my eyes. "It's a pleasure meeting you. I've heard multiple rumours of The Kim Minjeong coming to our school. I apologise if it isn't to your liking. Sometimes, the freshmen here could get... a little too touchy." He smiled at me.

He was gentle with me. His eyes were speaks comfort.

"It's... a pleasure into meeting you, aswell." I was honestly surprised by his personality. He seemed so sweet and caring towards others, I had observed. He wasn't really the type to pressure. Suddenly, I heard a familiar cold tone calling out for my name.

"Kim Minjeong." I turned to look behind me and it was... Jimin. Shivers went down my spine as her cold eyes looked directly at mine, her tone was no where to be soft. Her expression was serious.

Maybe she just wanted to talk. It'll be okay... it'll be okay! As she walked closer towards me, I immediately ran away without a second thought. Leaving Jaemin and Jimin confused. What the hell was I doing?! I acted on impulse. I'm regretting this so much. Kim Minjeong, go back! This is so embarrasing! Ahh... I hate myself.

KARINA'S POV

I noticed Minjeong was getting crowded among the students. I was a bit hesitant to approach her... No, I needed to settle this, I was the responsible one. I was about to grab her, however Jaemin got to her first. I clutched my fists. Why was he interrupting? I got annoyed as I pressed both of my lips tightly as I try to suppress my annoyance. I tried searching for Minjeong when I saw her with Jaemin. My throat was sore today due to the uh... incident. I've already practiced my tone to be calming. I spoke,
"Kim Minjeong." Fuck. I fucked it! I tried to play it cool and walk towards her, suddenly she ran away from me. Me and Jaemin stared at her while she ran away and stared back at each other.

"Guess she's shy, huh." Jaemin chuckled as he stared at Minjeong leaving.

"Yeah. Whatever." I muttered under my breath. I don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe it's because we're both a little distant now again. I messed up.

WINTER'S POV

I sighed softly as I locked myself in the bathroom stall. I leaned against the door, feeling the embarrassment wash over me.

'Avoiding Love Is Hard.'