Comfort - John Bender

This was requested by midnightVampress

I'm sorry it's so short, but I still hope you like it!:D

————————————————

John Bender was a rebel, everybody knew that, he was infamous for it, he was the epitome of infamous, if even. But this rebellious side sometimes bounced back. How? In form of his father.

,,You hoodlum! You're no good, just bringing shame onto the family name every fucking day, over and over again!''

,,Me? I, out of all people, bring shame onto the family name? Why not you, huh? How about we just start with you and your-''

,,Don't you dare speak back to me!''

Wham. A hit, a thud and a run so fast, it would've made Usain Bolt jealous.

And he ran. Ran until he could no more, until his lungs said stop, but he didn't listen, he didn't listen to the burns his body produced, but there was only one thing on his mind: Run.

~-~

(Kill 'em all playing in the background)

It was a late night, and Y/N was just finishing up her english essay, when she was interrupted by little *thud thud thud*'s every few minutes. At first, she just shrugged it off, thinking, it's just somebody kicking stones on the street, that just happen to fly against either the window, the house wall, or the other stones positioned around the house, but it must've been boulders, as the *thud thud thud*'s turned into *boom boom boom*'s, and as much as she wanted to ignore it, she had to figure out, who was trying to break her window.

,,Who the hell- John? What are you doing here!?''

,,I didn't- I couldn't think- I don't know...''

,,Geez, come in...''

,,T-Thanks...''

Y/N left the window open, welcoming the fresh breeze, as she led John to sit on her bed, her annoyance turning into worry, as she examined the bruise that covered parts of his face and neck, and that seemed to grow more and more, seemingly starting to cover his chest, too.

,,What happened?''

,,We were arguing, and-''

,,Wait a second...Tell me tomorrow, alright? Don't want you to live through that again so shortly after.''

John felt obligated to tell her, wanted to tell her, but it was a relief for him as she said, he could tell her tomorrow, as he didn't know how to explain it. The words were on the tip of his tongue, but they didn't dare to leave their place.

,,Come 'ere, baby...Take off your jacket, I've got enough blankets, and I'll close the window, I'll be always here, you won't be cold.''

Y/N turned off the desk light, closing the window in the process, before sitting down next to John, who now decided to lay down, watching his girlfriend do.

,,I won't let you, 'cause 1) My brain's fried, and 2)...I don't know about nr. two, but I can't concentrate...And I wanna be 100% sure, that I can listen to you.''

~-~

The bed felt cold. Too cold. As if nobody had been there in the first place.

,,Y/N? Baby?''

,,I'm here...Hey...How you feelin'?''

,,I thought you were gone, I was scared.''

,,Don't be scared, I wouldn't dare to leave your side.''

Y/N appeared in the doorway, smiling slightly as she saw that John had woken up. Whilst he was still asleep, she awoke early, she took it upon herself to tidy her place up, and making a little breakfast, hoping the tasks would clear her mind and help her think better.

,,How you feelin'? Bruise still hurting?''

,,Better, now that you're here, and...Aah, fuck.''

Grabbing his shoulder, the agonizing pain travelled through John's body, leaving a feeling of as if he had just been hit by lightning. Y/N moved his shirt up, revealing the multiple black, blue, purple and yellow bruises streaming over his body. It must've been more than one hit.

,,Let me look if I have some pain killers, this looks even worse than I thought...Gosh, what did he do to you?''

,,Don't worry about it, it's nothing.''

,,It's not nothing! This is like...The fourth time this month it's been this bad! John, please don't just wrote it off! It won't get any better...''

Letting himself be engulfed into his girlfriend's arms, John thought back on the previous night,, turning to look at her, as she went through his hair, helping him calm down, though he wasn't agitated in the slightest.

,,John, baby, will you promise me something?''

,,What?''

,,Let me give you some pain killers and look after your bruises, alright? I hate seeing you like this...''

,,Okay.''

As much as he wanted to protest, he knew not to disagree with her further, and as she slipped out of his grasp, he just let her do, intently watching her walk around, bandaging him, and when she sat back down, he looked into her eyes, pulling her closer with his non-injured side, kissing her softly.

,,Thank you for everything.''