Old Enemies

Chapter 18

ZENITH

I sit on the ground at the skatepark while Reina sits in front of me, leaning back against my chest. I watch as she scrolls through pictures and videos of us from these past four weeks. I look out ahead of us a ways and see Xavier trying to teach Ashley how to ride a skateboard. Ashley wobbles, and Xavier is more than happy to catch her.

I give my attention back to Reina. She is still scrolling and then stops on a video of her and Xavier fighting to get to the top seats at the movie theater. We both laugh when Reina reaches out and grabs his ankle, pulling him down and walking over him to rush to the top first.

"That was such a fun day." She laughs.

I lean my head against hers while we continue to look at her phone.

There are endless photos of us, Xavier and Ashley. The four of us have become quite the group. We do so much together now. I had never had a best friend before, but now I have two because of Reina and Xavier.

Reina stops on a photo of Xavier and Ashley. He looks at her while she smiles at the camera.

"My brother, the player, finally has an official girlfriend."

She adds sarcastically,
"Who would have ever guessed."

"Apparently, not you." I tease.

"Oh hush." She giggles.

She scrolls through pictures she took of me surfing. I watch as she speeds past a photo I have never seen before.

"Hey, what was that?"

"What was what?"

"That picture you just zoomed past like the flash."

"Huh," she keeps scrolling.

"Reina Kimberly -"

"Zenith, I swear I will give you a beating if you finish that sentence."

I take her phone from her and start scrolling back. She tries getting it back from me, but I'm too strong for her. And now I see why she scrolled so fast. I look at her with an exaggerated look of shock on my face.

"You took a thirst trap picture of me?"

"NO!" She snatches her phone back, "I just liked how the water was falling off of you it was very photogenic, a work of art."

I raise an eyebrow at her and smirk.

"Stop looking at me like that!" She blushes and slaps me.

"Cmere." I pull her towards me and plant kisses all over her face, making her squeal with laughter."

"Sorry to interrupt."

Jacob stands in front of Reina and I.

"I need to speak with Zenith."

Reina has a confused look on her face.

"What for?" She asks.

Jacob hesitates and then answers.

"It's important, Zenith, please."

Reina looks to me as I stand. I am about to walk away with Jacob when I see an all too familiar face.

Dylan Matthews comes walking over towards us with that girl who has rainbow colored hair.

"Hey Jakey." The girl says once her and Dylan are next to us.

"Margo," He whispers harshly at her, "I told you not to-"

"Not to what?" Margo smiles a wicked smile. "I just wanted everyone to meet my new boyfriend."