Epilogue

Chapter 25

REINA

I check my room for the last time, making sure I have not forgotten anything. I smile at my room, which I am going to miss very much. I take one last look from my balcony and feel myself already starting to become emotional.

I look over to where I first saw Zenith. It is crazy looking back now, I didn't even know how much he was going to end up meaning to me.

I hand my suitcase to my dad, who puts it in the back of the car. He then hugs me tightly.

"You come back any time, baby girl, okay?"

"Okay, dad." I smile, and he smiles back with glossy eyes.

"Zay bear!" I hold my arms open for my brother. He rolls his eyes and wraps me in a big hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, lil sis," he hugs me even tighter, "you be careful, aight?"

"I will, I promise." I smile at him as I pull away.

Zenith walks up to me, I throw my arms around his neck, and he wraps his around my back, lifting me off the ground as he hugs me tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I sniffle.

"Not as much as I'll be missing you." He mumbles into the crook of my neck.

I lean my head back a little so I can look into his eyes.

"I love you." I whisper.

He kisses me.

"I love you more."

"FaceTime?"

"Everyday."

"Call me?"

"So much you'll get tired of it."

"Text me?"

"Every chance I get."

I smile at Zenith's answers as he sets me back on my feet.

"I don't wanna go?" I whisper, not able to hold back my tears any longer.

"I know, baby." He kisses my forehead, then pulls me into him as he wraps his arms around me.

"Reina, baby girl, we got to get going." My mom yells for me.

I reluctantly let go of Zenith. We kiss once more, and then I head for the car.

As I'm about to get in, Xavier yells.

"Wait!"

Everyone turns their attention to him.

"Ma," he walks up to our moms side of the car.

"Now hear me out, aight, please."

He gives our mom a pleading look.

"Well alright son what is it?" Our mom looks at him expectantly.

Xavier sighs and then goes on a rant.

"I've really thought it over, Ma, and I think Rey should stay." He looks at me before continuing, "she can finish her senior year here with Ashley, and also, she won't have to do long distance with Zenith. Now I know it's sudden, and I haven't even asked Rey about this, but..."

Xavier sucks in a breath, then exhales.

"I thought I could come and live with you for a while, and Rey could live here with dad. Rey and dad are good now, and seeing that makes me want to be good with you too, ma. I haven't had you around for so long, and after what happened with Rey, I don't want to put this off for another time because we don't know how long we have... I, I just miss you, ma."

Everyone stares silently at Xavier. He looks around awkwardly when our mother doesn't say anything.

"That's all I wanted to say." Xavier swallows.

Our parents exchange a look, and then our dad speaks.

"I would love for Reina to live with me for her senior year, if it is what she would like." My dad and Xavier both look to me.

I look from them, to my mom, to Zenith. All four of them stare at me.

I laugh, then smile brightly.

"I would love to stay dad." My eyes widen. "But all of my things-"

My dad holds his hand up.

"We will go shopping for everything you need, don't worry about it."

I squeal, then run over to him, wrapping him in a hug. I turn around to my mom, and my smile falls.

"Momma?" I say gently.

She slowly gets out of the car and walks up to Xavier, wrapping him in a hug.

"I'm sorry baby," she holds his face in her hands, "I thought you must have been upset with me for the divorce, and that's why you wanted to live with your father."

She takes a shaking breath.

"I would love for my son to come and live with me."

They smile happily at each other.

"Now go on and get your things." Our mom nods towards the house.

"Already packed!" Xavier yells as he runs inside.

We all laugh. My mom comes up to me wrapping me in a hug.

"You take care of yourself, you hear me?"

I nod my head.

"I hear you, momma."

"That's my baby girl." She kisses the side of my head.

Zenith and my dad get my things from the car as Xavier comes out with four big suitcases and places them where my things just left.

"Chicago ain't ready for this Florida boy!" He yells as he climbs into the passenger seat.

We all wave as him and our mom pull out of the driveway and dissappear.

"Did that really just happen?" I ask.

"It did." My dad chuckles as he begins carrying my things back inside.

I turn to Zenith, who has a big smile on his face. I jump up into his arms.

"Wanna go surfing?" I ask.

. . .

I sit on my board watching Zenith take on wave after wave. I smile to myself. He is everything to me. It is such a crazy feeling when you have someone that you love so much it hurts. But in the best way. My heart flutters as he begins making his way over to me, a big smile on his face.

"You look really good out there." I flirt.

He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Still watching me, huh?"

"Always." I smile as he comes up beside me and leans in to kiss me.

"I love you, Reina Kimberly Ann Smith."

He grabs my face, pulling me as close as he can.

"I love you, Zenith Macqueen."

He bites his lip before leaning in to kiss me again. I place my hand on his thigh to help balance us as we share in a passionate kiss while the waves gently pass around us. We pull away and stare into each other's eyes. Zenith smiles, shaking his head, and then kisses my nose. We paddle back out, side by side, to take on more waves.

And that is the story of my summer love.

                             THE END

A/N
Thank you so much for reading My Summer Love! I hope you enjoyed it!❤️
Please vote if you enjoyed it!

I'm working on a new book that is coming soon! So stay tuned! Xx

VOTE | COMMENT | FOLLOW