Bloody Pavement

Lyn woke up, her hair still entangled in Jeremy's hand

Lyn woke up, her hair still entangled in Jeremy's hand. After her little meltdown, he had insisted on staying at least until she fell asleep, and for once, she actually had. She had been so tired from all her worrying and all her crying that she had fallen asleep faster than she had in the last four months. It helped that Jeremy was there as well; his warmth had been a source of comfort that guided her to sleep. "Jer?"

"Wha-?" He looked around groggily before remembering where he was and pushing himself up on the bed. "Hey. Feeling better?" He asked with a rare, genuine smile.

"Yeah," Lyn confirmed with a nod of her head. "Thank you for staying,"

"Thank you for trusting me. For trusting my judgment and decisions where Elena and Jenna never do."

"Always, I will always trust you." She said confidently, "Now that we have established that, get out of my room." Jeremy laughed and exited the room. Lyn walked into the bathroom to shower and, like always, turned the water up hot before hopping in and letting herself be free of the pesky feeling the hot water always seemed to wash away.

🦇🦇🦇

Pulling up her flare jeans and wrapping her leather jacket around her shoulders, Lyn walked out of her room, school bag in hand. She wrapped her fingers three times on Elena's door before pushing it open.

"Hey, Lyn!" Elena practically squealed. The lovestruck look in Elena's eyes told her exactly what had happened last night.

"Oh my gosh!" she cried, "Did you kiss Stefan?" Elena bobbed her head rapidly and squealed a little. "Oh, Lena, I'm so happy for you!" Lyn's tone was excited, with an underlying note of sadness that Elena didn't quite pick up on. The two girls raced down the stairs at the sound of Bonnie's car and hopped into their designated seats.

🦇🦇🦇

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying, take it slow." Bonnie advised as they exited the car. She had a total 180 on her stance with Stefan for unknown reasons.

"You were the one who said to go for it," Elena pointed out.

"Now, I'm saying take it slow."

"Why the about-face?" Lyn asked from the right of Bonnie.

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field," Bonnie insisted.

"Oh, because I'm so that girl." Elena laughed.

"Seriously, what are you not saying?" Lyn insisted, determined to know the answer.

"It's stupid."

"Bonnie, spit it out," Lyn encouraged. With a resigned look on her face, Bonnie turned to face the two girls.

"I accidentally touched Stefan, and I got a really bad feeling," She admitted.

"Is that it?" Elena asked, disbelief written all over her face. Bonnie turned away, but Elena grabbed her arm, forcing her to look at them.