You have to remember me

Lyn put her books away in her locker and made her way down the hall toward Mr

Lyn put her books away in her locker and made her way down the hall toward Mr. Saltzman's classroom. Stefan had come over earlier and filled the twins in on what had gone down once they went home after the raffle.

She didn't want to impose herself onto Mr. Saltzman's life, but she figured that he was her best chance at surviving the supernatural storm she had found herself in. Turning the corner, Lyn took a deep breath before she knocked thrice on the door of his classroom.

After a moment, Mr. Saltzman spoke. "Come in!" He called, probably unaware that it was her at the door. She walked in slowly and lifted her head to look at him. Mr. Saltzman seemed taken aback for a moment before he gathered himself and cleared his throat. "Hi, Emayn. If this is about tonight's assignment, I did mean to tell you that question three is-"

"Mr. Saltzman," Lyn spoke, surprised at how steady her voice was. As much as she tried to convince herself otherwise, Lyn was terrified of this conversation. Both Jenna and Stefan had told them that Mr. Saltzman wanted to have nothing more than a teacher-student relationship. "I think you know that this isn't about the assignment."

He sighed. "Look, Lyn, I know you don't mean any harm and that you're naturally curious, but I really am not up to talking about Isobel." He managed to get out. Lyn saw the hurt in his eyes, and a part of her wanted to just leave. A larger part knew that she needed to do this.

"I'm not here to talk about her. She doesn't want anything to do with me, so I don't want anything to do with her." Lyn stated. And she meant it. When she thought that Isobel was simply a teenage runaway who knew she couldn't provide a good life for her daughters, Lyn was happy to learn more about her, maybe even meet her. But after she saw that man get run over after he told them she didn't want to know them, she couldn't find it in herself to give a damn.

"Then why are you here?" He asked curiously. Lyn took a deep breath before she broached her request.

"Because I hate this helpless feeling." He raised an eyebrow at her. " I want you to teach me how to fight," She finally told him. He looked at her wearily.

"Lyn, I don't know about that."

"How about a trade?" She supposed.

"A... trade?" He asked, confused. Lyn smiled and pulled her school bag onto her lap. Mr. Saltzman looked no more convinced than he had a second ago but allowed her to continue, nonetheless. Reaching into the bottom of her backpack, Lyn pulled out a plastic bag filled to the brim with vervain.

Mr. Saltzman's eyes widened with shock and hope. He knew that he had no chance of taking down a vampire without that herb. Lyn smiled at his expression. "I've been growing it." She explained, making him startle further. "So, I was thinking, you train me, and I give you a steady supply of vervain." She proposed.

Smiling slightly in pleasure and relief, Mr. Saltzman raised his gaze from where he had been staring at the bag. "When do you want to start?"

🚪🚪🚪