No one was listening the first time

Time went by, and still, not one word from Stefan was said, leaving Elena and Lyn with nothing but their own suspicions as to what had gone down between the brothers

Time went by, and still, not one word from Stefan was said, leaving Elena and Lyn with nothing but their own suspicions as to what had gone down between the brothers. "Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Lyn queried as she and Elena walked through the schoolyard with Caroline.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Caroline stated.

"Be the bigger person," Elena advised.

"Impossible in her presence." Caroline scoffed in response. Lyn gave an unheard chuckle at her friend's antics. It was nice to have friend drama be the biggest problem in her mind, even if a little voice was still screaming for answers.

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Elena cried out exasperatedly.

"She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle."

"Alright, well we tried, we're officially out of it." Lyn declared.

"Good. Elena's turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?" Caroline prodded.

"He's avoiding me." Elena mumbled, discouraged."

"Why?"

"Because he's a scaredy-cat who doesn't know how to face his feelings like a big boy." Lyn ranted. She earned a half-hearted glare from Elena and a laugh from Caroline. The bell rang, and the three girls parted ways in a rush to get to class.

🕰️🕰️🕰️

Lyn rushed into history class, Elena on her tail. She slid into her seat next to Bonnie as the new teacher came into the classroom. "Good morning, everyone." A sandy-haired man walked into the room with a briefcase. "Alrighty." Lyn looked at Bonnie worriedly, taking in her tired appearance. 'You, okay?" She mouthed. The only response she got was a slight shrug. "Alaric Saltzman." the teacher introduced himself. "It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas." Lyn noticed Elena's eyes trailing over to the empty seat where Stefan usually sat. "I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now, the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce it Al-or-ic, but it's Alaric. So, you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher." Lyn smiled as he got into the lesson. She had a good feeling about him.

🕰️🕰️🕰️

"And then I ended up at the remains of old fells church before I woke up back in the woods," Bonnie explained as she, Lyn, and Elena sat together at a table in the courtyard.

"And you always see your ancestor, Emily?" Elena queried as she bit into her sandwich. Bonnie nodded in dismay, her untouched lunch getting cold. "Huh"

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Bonnie rushed out.

"Hell yeah! I love me some supernatural." Lyn exclaimed, pumping her fist into the air. Elena slapped her lightly.

"I think I'm being haunted." Bonnie elaborated, ignoring the twins' bickering.