Shame on me

Slowly, Lyn rose out of unconsciousness

Slowly, Lyn rose out of unconsciousness. She could feel a lumpy mattress beneath her, and the dim lights of a motel filled her vision. Pushing herself up, Lyn began to shuffle through her memories. She was in the graveyard, then she was talking with Elena, then bam!

She felt Elena awaken next to her and they both shared a confused look before propping themselves up further. Their eyes lay on a man who was asleep in a chair near the bed they were currently resting on. Elena jumped up and pushed herself against the headboard at the sight, immediately knowing he must be a vampire.

Elena grabbed her sister's arms, and, as quietly as possible, they began to rise from the bed. Holding their breath, Lyn and Elena attempted to slip past their sleeping captor. Elena looked up at the chain lock when they reached the door and silently released it. She shared a look with Lyn, who nodded and then put one hand on the doorknob and the other on the lock.

"I wouldn't," A voice sounded as soon as she turned the lock. Spinning around, the girls were face to face with Ben Mckitrick. "Don't try to escape." He compelled. "Don't even move. Do you understand?"

"We understand," Lyn told him, keeping her voice as monotone as possible. Once he turned around with a scoff, Elena flung the door open. Unfortunately for them, Anna appeared on the other side of the doorway and dragged the two girls back into the motel room.

"Seriously?" Anna demanded, keeping a firm grip on both girls.

"I told them not to move. I did that eye thing you taught me."

"You forgot the lesson about vervain. She dates a vampire, Ben. Duh!" Anna spat.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Elena cried as she and her sister were pushed against the wall.

"Does it matter?" She then promptly shoved them into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Elena sighed and placed her hand on the door while turning on the lights. Lyn turned around as she ran a frustrated hand through her hair. She then saw Bonnie knocked out in the bathtub.

"Bonnie?" She asked, resisting the urge to scream in anger. Elena heard her and snapped her gaze to Bonnie, gasping in dismay and quickly running over to her.

"Oh, my god."

Lyn quickly wet a towel with cold water and passed it to her sister. The younger Gilbert twin took it from her hands and immediately padded it against her best friend's head. The young Bennett witch slowly blinked herself awake. "Bonnie?"

"Elena?" Bonnie gasped as she came to.

"Oh, you're okay," Elena said gratefully.

"My head..." Bonnie groaned.

"Come here," Elena murmured, pulling Bonnie closer to her.

"Oh, my god. Ben is a-"

"Shh." Elena quieted. "They can hear." She whispered. Lyn turned on the fawcett in order to create a different noise.