Letting go is hard, but being free is beautiful

"Do you think Bonnie's going to be okay?" Lyn asked Elena as they brushed their teeth side by side

"Do you think Bonnie's going to be okay?" Lyn asked Elena as they brushed their teeth side by side. She was worried about how finding out about vampires would affect Bonnie's mental health. Lyn needed to focus on Bonnie right now, lest she be swept up in her own emotions. Dr. Clinton had told her on multiple occasions that all her time spent focusing on other people's emotions was her way of avoiding her own.

"Bonnie will be fine. She's strong." Elena said, though it sounded more like she was trying to reassure herself rather than Lyn. Elena's train of thought got disconnected as her eyes slid over to Jeremy's room. She tapped Lyn on the shoulder, and Lyn followed where Elena was looking to see Jeremy sketching for what was the first time in months. A wide grin broke out on both girls' faces as they continued to see Jeremy's improvement. "Jeremy's got his sketch pad out," Elena announced to Jenna as they descended the stairs.

"You're kidding," Jenna exclaimed in disbelief.

"Nope!" Lyn said, popping the 'p.'

"Neither of you say a word; the minute we encourage him, he'll put it away." Elena lectured.

"Pyscology major." Jenna reminded. "Check that." Elena looked at her phone, and Lyn could physically see Elena deflate as she realized there were no updates from Stefan. "You and Stefan? Update?" Jenna inquired.

"He knows how I feel and where I stand, and I know where he stands, but it doesn't matter," Elena said resignedly as she packed up her purse. "He's leaving, moving away."

"Where's he going?" Jenna wondered.

"Transylvania," Lyn said simply, laughing inwardly.

"What?" Jenna questioned.

"Ignore her." Elena sighed, glaring at her sister. "I don't know; I've stopped asking questions. The answers get scary." Jenna scoffed as the three women exited the house.

"Yours leaves. Mine returns." She mused

"Logan?" Elena wondered.

"He's back." Both teenagers groaned in disgust. "I didn't let him past the front door." Jenna defended.

"I hope you slammed it in his face," Lyn suggested.

"Ah, medium slam," Jenna recalled as they made their way towards the cars.

"Three-strike rule, Jenna." Elena reprimanded. "You're not even allowed to watch the news."

"Exactly. No more Logan 'Scum' Fell." The three girls laughed as they parted ways.

🛞🛞🛞

Lyn walked through the halls of Mystic Falls High School with Bonnie and Elena. They strolled casually as they walked up on Matt and Caroline, talking and laughing together. Lyn smiled at the happiness Caroline was displaying. "Did I miss something? "Elena asked as she looked at the two.