Graveyards

Lyn let the heat overwhelm her, blocking out the pain like it always did

Lyn let the heat overwhelm her, blocking out the pain like it always did. Replacing it with a different sensation. As she slipped out of the shower, her mind was spinning. She had been up all night, which wasn't out of the ordinary for her, but last night she had been doing research. Looking up anything and everything on vampires. There had been a lot of bullcrap, but some things sounded true. She then moved onto the topic of mystic falls, where she found there had been more animal attacks than anywhere in the state, all the victims drained of blood.

She moved downstairs to make breakfast. This time, she was making one more serving than usual. She knew that Vicki was over and wanted to help her out. The two girls had never really talked, but Vicki brought out a light in Jeremy, and Lyn was grateful for that. Once the plates were set, she opened up her journal. She didn't keep a diary like Elena did, just a journal for non-school-related topics she was interested in. Today it was filled with stuff about vampires. She shut it closed when Jenna came down.

"What's with the extra plate?" She asked

"Jeremy has a special friend over." Lyn responded, wiggling her eyebrows. Jenna laughed a little and began to eat from her own plate while reading for college. Elena came down not long after, looking thoroughly repulsed.

"Are you two aware of what's going on upstairs?" They both nodded in conformation. "And neither of you have any objection?" Elena questioned incredulously.

"He could be craftier about it." Lyn commented. "At least make an effort to sneak her in and out." Jenna nodded her agreement.

"And, just so you two know, I won't be home for dinner." Jenna added.

"Mmm, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan." Elena sing-songed.

"Please no, that guy is a cheater who broke your heart. He dosen't deserve a second chance." Lyn cried.

"Relax, I'm only going to show up to torture him." But the smile on Jenna's face said otherwise.

"Have you heard from Stefan?" Jenna asked, turning to question Elena about her love life.

"Not, since he left that very vague message three days ago. 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, I have something I have to do. I'll explain in a few days" Elena imitated. If that something wasn't punishing Damon for what he did to Caroline then Lyn wasn't interested. She would stake them both. It had said in her research a wooden stake to the heart would kill a vampire, which Lyn was positive the Salvatore brothers were.

"Haven't you called him?" Jenna asked with a smile.

"Nope. Not going to either."

"And you're okay with everything?" Lyn questioned. Elena sighed and harshly put down the milk she was getting to go with her breakfast.

"No, I'm not okay with any of it but I'm not going to cry about it either. You know I was going to write in my diary this morning and then i thought, what am I going to write? Honestly I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy." Elena said harshly