Candles will burn if you get too close

"Lyn-"  Elena tried for what was probably the hundredth time that morning

"Lyn-" Elena tried for what was probably the hundredth time that morning.

"Sorry, I'm busy being mad at you," She snipped back at her sister. Mad was an understatement. While Lyn had been unconscious, Elena had gotten Damon to compel Jeremy to forget what happened that night. She even invited him in to do it. Elena gave her a pleading look, which she purposely ignored.

🕯️🕯️🕯️

Lyn sat at the table, eating away at her homework. She looked at Jeremy, who was writing so fast she thought he would tear a hole in his paper. She then spared a glance over to the couch where Elena sat, miserably fiddling with the blanket over her legs. Despite still being mad at her, she couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her sister.

"You're wallowing," Jenna pointed out, coming to sit on the spot next to Elena.

"So are you." Elena shot back,

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." Lyn rolled her eyes, still feeling a pinch in her heart at seeing her aunt so unhappy.

"Yeah, well, Logan's a jerk." She said, butting into their conversation. While she could have predicted this, she knew that Jenna had been hoping that Logan had changed from when they were young and dumb.

"You didn't get a brush of e-mail saying 'I'm leaving town. See ya.'"

"Want to keep it down over there?" Jeremy asked as he continued to burn through whatever he was working on. Jenna turned around curiously. "Why, what are you doing?" She asked.

"Homework." He responded, shocking all three women.

"Since when do you do homework?" Elena questioned suspiciously, looking up from her place on the couch where she had previously been wallowing.

"I got to finish this. I'm way behind, and I have a quiz tomorrow..." He trailed off, eyes never once leaving his papers.

"What do you think? Alien?" Elena asked.

"Some sort of replicant?" Jenna guessed.

"He can hear you," Jeremy said, looking up at the two couch-dwellers. Lyn had already figured out what had happened as the other two stared in contemplation. When Damon had taken away his memories, he had also taken his suffering. While she loved to see her brother in a better place, a part of Lyn wished that he had been given the opportunity to get there himself.

🕯️🕯️🕯️

"Lyn?" Bonnie called, walking into her room without warning. Lyn turned from her desk to glare at Bonnie.

"I could've been sleeping." Bonnie sent her a flat look at that downright lie. "Fair enough, what's up?"

"Why aren't you and Elena talking?" She asked with concern.

"We had a ... disagreement on a Jeremy situation." The answer was vague, but luckily, Bonnie took it. She then grinned mischievously.

"I have something that might bring you two together." Without so much as a warning, Bonnie grabbed her arm and pulled her toward Elena's room. "You up?" Bonnie knocked lightly on the door, ignoring Lyn's grumble about why Elena got a knock.