The nightmare on Halloween

The morning sun shone through Lyn's sheer curtains and into her eyes from where she sat at her desk

The morning sun shone through Lyn's sheer curtains and into her eyes from where she sat at her desk. Abandoning her journal, Lyn got up and began preparing for the day. Jeremy came in just as she was walking out of the shower with a towel still wrapped tightly around her body. "What are you doing?!" He shrieked.

"Trying to get ready in peace, why in god's good name are you up so early?" Lyn replied. Jeremy had seemed to calm down by now and took a deep breath, but Lyn had already guessed his intentions. "Search party?" She asked as she ran a comb through her hair. Jeremy nodded and moved over to the sink to brush his teeth.

Lyn had settled on some low-rise jeans, a red lace cami top, and some black Converse paired with a leather jacket. Packing her bag, she raced down the stairs, and just as she was about to go out the door, Elena stopped her. With a single nod, Lyn knew exactly what her sister had in mind. So, requesting Bonnie to get her the work she missed, Lyn got into Elena's car and let her drive them to the Salvatore residence.

🎃🎃🎃

To their great misfortune, it was Damon who opened up the door, smirking wildly. "Is Stefan here?" Elena asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yep."

"Where is he?" Elena continued.

"And good morning to you, 'little miss, I'm on a mission," Damon responded, a smirk growing

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done."

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?"

"If you wanted us dead, we'd be dead." Lyn pointed out.

"Yes, you would." Damon agreed.

"But we're not." Elena chimed in

"Yet."

"Oh please, you talk a big game, but deep down, you're just as afraid of losing Stefan as he is of you." Lyn sneered, and Damon's face slipped into a scowl.

"Stefan's upstairs," Lyn smirked as she and Elena slid past him and walked into the house.

"Stefan?" Elena called out as the house creaked. "Stefan?"

"Yes?" Came a voice from above, and they turned around to see Stefan standing on the stairs.

"Where is Vicki?" Elena demanded. Stefan raised a finger to his lips, signaling them to be quiet.

"She's upstairs," He answered as he came to meet them at the bottom of the stairs.

"What happens now? Because our brother is out there searching for her with the rest of the town. What do we tell him?" Elena asked

"I'm working with her. But it's gonna take time. She's a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, all that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this."