Chapter One Hundred Eleven

A/N: There's both Dani's and Eli's point of view in this chapter. I didn't want to give you a short chapter so I combined the 2. I hope the break is clear enough. For the last 2 chapters, I've been listening to Tom Odell's "Heal" and James Bay's "Let It Go". They're both beautiful songs and I think they fit the mood quite perfectly. Check them out and let me know what you think. So, enough of my rambling and I'll let you get to the chapter :)

Chapter One Hundred Eleven

Dani

I'm woken up by sunlight dancing across my face. I lay still for a few moments, trying to figure out exactly why I feel like I've been hit by a train. My head is pounding and it feels like I've been punched in the eyes. For a brief moment, I panic, thinking Eli still isn't back. Then I feel his arms tighten around me and I realize he's here and he's probably awake now. The memory of last night flickers through my mind and I let out an involuntary gasp.

Eli's voice is low and rough with sleep as he asks, "What's wrong?"

"I..."

My voice and words falter. What can I even say? I am so embarrassed by last night's events. I don't even know where to begin.

I simply say, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? What for?"

I groan, "Last night. I'm so sorry."

"You don't need to apologize. What happened, Dani?"

I'm not going to remind him that he had to change me. That's just far too embarrassing.

"Just a nightmare."

"That wasn't just a nightmare, sweetheart. That was a bad one. Something was different about that one."

I shake my head. I can't talk about it. I don't want to remember again. I can't handle that after last night.

I whisper, "I need to shower..."

Eli's arms are still wrapped around my waist but he doesn't loosen them right away, which causes a panic to build up inside of me. I struggle against his arms and before I know what I'm doing, I plead, "Please let me go... Please don't hurt me..."

His arms are released instantly and his voice is strong when he speaks. "I would never hurt you, Dani. You must know this by now. But you're hiding again. You're retracting and I don't know how to stop that. You were in a mess last night and I don't know why. At least give me something..."

"I can't talk about it. I don't want to remember. I can't do that again."

I muster any bravery I have, and I walk to the bathroom. I know I'm not strong enough to withstand his questions for long. I'd hate to be interrogated by him. I have a feeling that wouldn't go so well for the people he's interrogating.

Tough Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें