Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Six

Eli's P.O.V.

The Cap doesn't even wait for me to sit before he gets straight to it.

"The Feds are transporting Ivankov tomorrow. The agent heading up the transfer will let you on the detail, but I need to give him confirmation in the next hour."

"I want to be on it. I want to make sure he gets on that plane. I might not be able to make sure he gets punished, but I can make sure he gets out of this country."

"I'll give him a call. It's Special Agent McGuire leading the transfer. Just so you know, the Russians have allowed the release of two American prisoners in exchange for Ivankov."

"I should be pleased they're coming home, but I want Ivankov to be punished for his crimes. I can't make sure that happens if he's in Russia."

"I understand that, but we don't get a say in this. Sometimes you just get a raw deal. Have you told Dani?"

"No, and I don' t think I will just yet. She's been different; better; and I don't want to ruin that. I will tell her, but not right now. Can Ash be on the detail too? I want someone who knows me and I know will have my back if things should go sideways."

"I'll check with McGuire. Run training this morning. Has the doc cleared you for full duty?"

I shake my head, "Not yet. He says another few weeks until I can be completely in the field. He says I can do everything except high contact situations. I've been doing physio though."

"Will you be safe on the detail tomorrow?"

"Yeah. It's just a routine transfer, right?"

"That's the plan. There is no communication regarding this. Everything is in the dark because they don't want to risk anyone finding out. I called in a favor."

"Thanks Cap. I'll be good to go, especially if Scott is there."

"Ok. Get through some training and then you have to clear the theatre for a concert this afternoon."

"Roger. I'll get to it then."

I run training with the guys and I'm able to pretty much get through the whole session. My times are slower than they were before I got shot, but that isn't surprising. As soon as I get the chance, I rip my tactical gear off. My shoulder is aching real bad right now. It's probably a combination of the weight of the gear and the physical exertion. I rotate my arm and try to ease the pain, but that movement isn't particularly helpful.

Ash notices my discomfort, "Hey, everything ok?"

"Just an ache. It's not fully back to normal yet. Give it another couple of weeks and I'll be back to throwing you a beat down..."