Trouble

Skylar's POV

Dam last night sucked. Landon, Jayden and all their friends pounded Sonny and me. It's so annoying how they have to be nice to Zach. I swear he's getting more annoying each day. I slept in late today. I know Sonny and Landon took him shopping, because they agreed to it and their both gone. It's just Jayden and I.

"Morning Sky." Jayden yawns.

"Morning." I grumble. He smirks.

"Aww, someone didn't sleep well?" He teases. I roll my eyes, last night they had me up till 2 in a hanging wedgie.

"When will they be back?" I ask, rubbing my hair. It's already 12.

"I think around 1, they left at like 10." Jayden replies. "I know Zach's hanging out with his friends at 2, then he's going to his friends house for dinner, then to a block party."

"And how do you know all this?" I question.

"I read his texts." Jayden admits. "He left his phone unlocked." He shrugs and heads back upstairs. I decide to call my friend Jack to see if he wants to hangout.

Zach's POV

Gee today was great. I got Panda Dunks, Lucky Greens, Jordan 1 retros, Jordan 3s, the Jordan 11 Cool Grey's, new Hey Dudes, crocs, and lots of clothes. I also got a new ps5 controller, a new skateboard, and tons of other shit. I can already tell being nice to me is killing Landon and Sonny. The bill must have been over $1000. I throw on my crocs, my new clothes, and a new hat before hopping on my bike to meet up with Luke.

"Hey Zach!" He calls, waving to me. "Cool hat."

"Thanks," I grin. We've been working on a big project, we found a little wooded area near Luke's house and it had a few good bike jumps, so we decided to make it a bit better. Luke holds two shovels up and hands one to to me.

"So, today I was thinking we continue the pump track." He grins. We're clearing out part of the area to make a pump track. We walk our bikes through the trees and lay them on the ground. We start digging. After a few hours we hear voices. I whip around to see Ryan and Joe headed our way.

"Hey guys!" I shout out. Luke, Joe, Ryan, and me are all part of this. We might add more people, but we don't know.

"Ready for tonight?" Joe smirks, punching me in the arm. I roll my eyes. Tonight, Joe and I are going to our friend Liam's house. Liam and Luke are really close, but none of our other friends know him too well. He doesn't go to our school. Liam's having us and these 3 girls from the town over, his girlfriend Ashley, then a girl named Taylor, and Tori. I'm the reason their even dating. I was friends with Taylor, and she introduced me to Ashley and Tori, and I introduced them to Liam and Joe. 

"Shut up." I retort. I'll admit it, I like Tori a lot. She's cute and nice.

"Oh, seeing Tori tonight?" Ryan laughs.

"C'mon get working." I say. Luke and I are in charge when working, Joe brought 2 shovels for him and Ryan so we get to work.

"Damn, you and Luke have been working hard." Ryan comments, as me Luke finish our second drop.

"We know." Luke responds. "I gotta go soon." I check the clock and see it's 5:13. We gotta be at Liam's house by 6. I help Luke bring home the shovels and Ryan helps Joe before we go home. I sneak upstairs and put on my panda dunks, style my hair. I text Joe that I'm leaving and bike to his house. I then text Ashley to see when their going. Even though Ashley's dating Liam, we're a lot closer, same with Taylor and Tori. 

"Hey Zachary." Joe greets as he opens the door.

"Hey Joseph." I respond. We bike over to Liam's house too see the girls already their.

"Hey guys!" Taylor smiles.

"Hey," Joe nods. 

"Hey." I fist bump Liam, and hug the girls. We head inside and to the basement. 

"Hey, I didn't know you played the drums." Joe comments when he sees the drumset.

"I don't."Liam responds, "I have no idea why we have that."

"I wanna try!" Taylor exclaims.

"Me too!" Tori yells. The girls clamor over the drum sticks, and I wait patiently. After each of them get a turn I sit down. I actually know how to play the drums so I start with a simple beat.

"Wow, your actually not terrible." Ashley comments. I stick out my tongue at her and pick up the pace. I add in some fills and start with some real complicated stuff. I then hit the crash symbol and stop.

"Do you play?" Tori asks. 

"A little," I shrug. We decide to watch Scream, which isn't good for me considering I get scared pretty easily, but I know Scream isn't scary. I found myself next to Joe and Tori. I glance at Taylor and see her grinning at me. Her eyes flick from me to Tori. I roll my eyes and ignore her. The movie starts and Tori scoots closer to me. I wrap my arm around her and she lays her head on my shoulder. Everytime someone dies I just close my eyes and hope no one notices.

"I'll be right back." Tori says, getting up and heading towards the bathroom. As soon as shes gone everyone stares at me.

"What?" I ask annoyed. 

"Go follow her!" Taylor urges.

"Why?" I ask. "And why are you all looking at me like that?" They just smile in response. "You guys are weird." I get up and head to the bathroom, maybe this time I won't chicken out and I'll make a move.

"Hey Zach," Tori smiles as she walks by me.

"Oh hey Tori." I reply. She walks over to me, and I don't wanna get into details, but we kissed. We head back to the group, hand in hand and sit down. Joe nudges me with his elbow. I look at him and he raises his eyebrows. I nod my head and grin. 

"Hey Zach," Joe starts when the movie ends. "Wanna get some more pizza?"

"Yeah," I respond. We get off the couch and I follow Joe into the kitchen.

"Dude!" He exclaims what happened.

"We kissed," I reply. He fist bumps me.

"W rizz." He grins, wrapping his arm around me.

"Shut up," I retort, shoving him away from me. we head back downstairs with slices.

"So, you guys wanna go to the block party with us?" Joe asks. The girls exchange glances before Taylor checks her phone. 

"Yeah sure!" Taylor exclaims. "Let me just tell my mom."

"I can't," Liam shakes his head. "You guys go without me, I have lacrosse early in the morning, see you guys later." He walks to his room as the rest of us head out the door. We walk down to where the party is and see Ryan.

"Hey guys." He grins at me. "How are you 5 doing?"

"Good," Taylor and Ashley respond. We head over to the food table and get some cookies. We head down the street and sit on the curb. We hear and see kids in the distance, shouting and hollering on their bikes.

"Shut the Fuck up!" Ryan yells the kids on there bikes instantly stop and turn around. My heart skips a beat as I see Eric Thompson and a bunch of his friends.

"What did you say, little prick?" Eric snarls, heading towards us.

"Run," Is all Joe can muster before they advance on us. We all split up, and I find myself still with Tori.

"Get Harris espacially," Eric shouts as we take off down the street.

Sorry this chapter took so long. Really busy with school.

Any suggestions for the next chapter?