CHAPTER 49: TALK WITH THE EMPRESS

IN THE EMPRESS PALACE.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Your Majesty, Princess Helena has arrived."

One of the empress's maids who escorted Helena into the empress palace announced after arriving at the empress's room.

"Come in..."

A voice said from inside the empress's room.

*CREAK* *DOOR OPENING*

After the door opened, Helena walks into the Empress' room with Grace and Nora following behind her.

"I am curious to see what the empress looks like."

Helena thought as she was walking into the empress room, she noticed one maid standing at each corner of the room, and at the center of the room was a table with a tea set ready.

While pointing to the tea table, one of the maids said.

"Princess, please you may have your seat..."

Helena walks to the table and takes a seat with Nora and Grace standing behind her as they wait for the empress.

*CREAKING*

The sound of a door opening catches Helena's attention. As she turns her gaze toward the direction of the sound, she noticed another doorway inside the room.

And walking into the room through that door was a tall, elegant lady with long beautiful golden hair and sharp blue eyes. Helena could feel a calm and peaceful aura around her. But she also had a cold and sharp expression.

"Greetings, your majesty the Empress."

All the maids, including Nora, greeted the empress, bowing in respect.

"...You may all rise."

Empress Selene said with a beautiful voice as she through the room towards the tea table. After she arrived at the tea table, she glanced at Helena with a cold stare before saying.

"You may all leave the room..."

Empress Selene commanded as she stood next to the tea table.

While the maids began to leave, Nora and Grace remained, disregarding the Empress' orders.

"What... should I do? Should I listen to the empress or wait for the princess's command? I don't know what to do..."

Nora thought in her mind, panicking. Though the empress had more power than the princess, Nora could not bare to leave the princess alone with the empress without knowing what her intentions are.

"Did you not hear her majesty's command!?"

The empress's head maid said to Nora and Grace with an angry tone.

"What command? I only listen to the princess."

Grace replied to the head maid in a rude tone.

"..."

Grace's rude reply to the head maid left Nora dumbfounded. She could not believe Grace would say such rude words to the head maid in front of the empress. She tugs Grace's dress signaling to her to apologize but Grace ignored her.

Empress Selene was surprised by Grace's and Nora's actions. It was the first time someone had defied her orders. Even the maids belonging to the emperor's other mistress did not disobey her, but the maids of this little princess with no power dared to do what others could not.

"...Ha-hahaha"

Empress Selene laughed, amused by such unexpected events. She sits at the tea table across from Helena and smiled without saying a word.