I'm sorry 💀

Jade x Kung Lao

(Third person)

Kung Lao's life had been tainted, horribly. Shang Tsung had stolen his identity, and began to terrorize his friends... even his family. He started off simple with Kitana, then it was his other friends from Earthrelm... then finally is best friend, Liu Kang. After that it was over, everyone had hated Kung Lao for what he 'supposedly did' when it was in fact not him. Shang Tsung had tainted his name, now he was suffering the consequences. He was forced to reside in the monks temple, Liu Kang always gave him dirty looks whenever he passed by. Now, he couldn't take it, he went to his house in the woods, the most beautiful house you'll ever see, he built it from scratch. He stayed here for months, not daring to leave unless it was to help the monks.

Kung Lao had forgotten how to take care of himself, he either ate too much or didn't eat at all. His stuble had grown longer. The monks thought of him a zombie. This wasn't the Kung Lao everyone knew, this was someone different... Kung Lao would often spend his time panicking that it really was him that did all those things to his friends and family, that he told lies to Kitana about Liu Kang. That he told Kung Jin that he only considered him a song because he felt bad for him. That he told Jade that she was useless beyond recognition... maybe it was all his fault.

Earlier on Saturday, a day where he didn't have to see the monks, he was visited by Kitana. Kitana almost dropped her jaw when she saw the state of him, she came by to apologize to him, that she had no idea that it was Shang Tsung telling those lies. But he refused to accept her apology, "You always made fun of me Kitana, only because I wasn't Liu Kang. Why should I accept your apology when you'll end up giving me the exact same treatment?  I appreciate the apology, but unless you change too, will I forgive you." He closed the door. Kitana stood there dumbfounded, but he was right, Kitana was such a bully to him that it was frightening. She needed time to think... she needed someone else to help him.

A few week later Johnny Cage came to see Kung Lao, he too trying to apologize for the misunderstanding. Mr Cage could see that something was wrong, and that this change in life had taken a toll on Kung Lao, he offered him the money and number for a therapist he knew, but the Shaolin turned him away. The next perfect to visit was Raiden, he was also turned away, then came Cassie Cage, then Takeda, then Jacqui Briggs... and then finally Jin. Not even Kung Jin, Kung Lao's nephew, could snap him out of this depression. What made it worse was how violent his threats to them were. He told Cassandra Cage that if she dared to come by his property again, he would slice her neck as soon as she opened the door. That scared her enough to stay away, in fact, it scared a lot of people away.

The last person Kung Lao expected to see was Liu Kang. Liu Kang and Kung Lao had been friends since they were boys, and they had done nothing but stood up for each other, even more with Liu Kang. Liu Kang had almost lost his position as Earthrelm's champion because of Shang Tsung's impersonation of Kung Lao. Only was it weeks later that Liu Kang new of this mistake. He made it his mission to apologize to Kung Lao. He found himself in front of his friends door, a gently knocked on the door, his heart beating at the speed of light. Kung Lao answered hastily, but was relieved to see his friend, although Liu Kang was mortified. His friend looked so beat up, so different from what he was, Liu Kang felt a twinge of guilt hit his stomach, "Kung Lao... may I come in?" He asked, the other man nodded and opened the door more. Inside his house, it was a mess, food parcels chucked on the counters, the floors dirty with dust. Plates and utensils were stacked everywhere, Liu Kang wanted to cry seeing his friend in such terrible condition, "Forgive me Liu Kang, my house is not the cleanest right now." The other man said kicking a trash bag, "Here, let me help... the monks always say, a healthy home is a healthy mind." Kung Lao chuckled, thanks Liu Kang." The two got to work, cleaning out the house, making sure that it was spotless, Liu Kang felt pride bloom in his chest as he looked at his friend, it seemed to have lifted something off his chest. Kung Lao tips his hat, "Care for a drink Liu Kang? As a thank you." The Shoalin smiled, "I'd love that."