Diamond in the rough 🦋

Diamond (Jade's daughter)(Mk9)

(Third person)

Diamond was about 16 years of age during this timeline. She was the daughter of the deadliest assassin in Outworld, and Princess Kitana's best friend, Jade. Her father is unknown to her, though she never really cared to know who he was anyway. Jade was more than pleased to know that too.

Diamond stared angrily across the room, seeing Jade and Kitana listening to Shao Kahn's orders. It sickened the young girl every time she saw her mother take orders from that tyrant. Jade always managed to put her duties first before she would handle Diamond. It always made the girl feel like scum, like she was unimportant. Princess Kitana looked over at her with narrow eyes, Diamond had already gotten up and left the throne room. After the orders were given, Kitana pulled Jade aside, "Jade, I must ask a favor before you go out." She explains, Jade stops, "What troubles you princess?"

"Your daughter seems upset, talk to her." Kitana explained, feeling a twang of guilt resonate in her stomach. Jade rolled her eyes, "I will attend to her soon, I must finish this first." The green Edinian said trying to walk off, Kitana stopped her, "You will talk to her this instant! And that's my order Jade, otherwise I'll have father punish you." Kitana threatened, Jade sighed annoyingly, "Very well, but be warned, I'm only doing this because you told me too." She said storming off to attend to Diamond. The princess couldn't help but shake her head at her friend.

Diamond sat near the Koi pond. Her eyes tracing the movement of the fish as they swam. She found sollice in this alone time, it gave her peace of mind. Jade appeared behind her, sighing with a guilty conscious, "Diamond." She squeaked, the teenager stiffened, "Mother?" She replied quickly. Jade scratched the back of her neck, "I came to check on you, you don't look yourself." The green Edinian said awkwardly. Diamond rolled her eyes at her mother, "No, really? How do I normally act?" She said sarcastically, Jade broke a sweat, "Or did Princess Kitana tell you that I'm acting strange?" The teenager said turning her head slightly to narrow her eyes at her mother, "What are you upset about? I have noticed every time I get an order you became arrogant." Jade scolded, the teenager growled in annoyance, "Well maybe it's because you always put your duties before mine! I'm your daughter for Outworld's sake! For once pay attention to me!" Diamond shouted as she felt the pent up rage in her heart pour out her mouth. Jade felt threatened, "You don't understand! I'm only doing this to keep you safe!" She retaliated stepping forward, "I am only doing what's best to keep you safe! These missions help to make this realm safer for you!" Jade yelled as her anger flooded her bodies. Diamond tried to throw a punch at her mother, "You think that's what you're doing!? You're just making this worse! All you do is make things worse!" Diamond yelled as tears streamed down her face, Jade felt a pain sting her heart, "I'm your daughter! I'm supposed to be with you! Why did you have me if you knew you weren't going to take care of me!" The teenager yelled as her tears streamed faster. Jade felt her own tears well, but only let small droplets pass her eye, "I had you so I could protect you! You mean more to me than anyone! Even Princess Kitana!" Jade shot back, "I want to keep you safe by cleaning up this nightmare of a world!"

Diamond started to giggle, then her giggle turned into a chuckle, then finally into a maniacal laugh. Jade stiffened, "You're pathetic!" Diamond yelled using whatever strength she had to take a blow at Jade. The green Edinian was kicked in the knee, making her fall to the floor, her staff rolling towards Diamond. The younger girl picked up the bo staff, "You're a terrible mother." Diamond said extending the rod, Jade analysed the girl, trying to find the perfect target and strike to incapacitate her opponent, in this case, her daughter. Diamond pointed the bo staff at her mother's face, "You've done nothing but abandon me, because all you believe in is duty!" She started, Jade trying to wait for the perfect moment to strike. She finally did, Diamond fell on her back, leaping Jade's bo staff in the air. The green Edinian caught it in one swipe, "You're correct about one thing Diamond, I do believe in duty more than anything. Because I know what's more important in my life." The green Edinian spat venomously, Diamond's eyes weld with even more tears.

A horn blew in the distance, it meant the castle was under attack. Jade turned her head swiftly, she was about to run to the danger, when she stopped. She couldn't leave Dimaond like this, but she had to be there fast. She sighed and knelt down to her, "Diamond, stay here. You'll only get in the way." She says before taking off, the teenager felt the rage build up inside her again, "COWARD!" Diamond yelled at Jade, the Edinian felt her heart sink hearing her daughter's painful sobs. But she couldn't worry about that now, she had to go.

It was hours later, Diamond was worried about how quiet it was. Something wasn't right, it's too quiet. The young girl decided to walk back to the palace, mostly because she was tired of being away from it. She stepped in, "Princess? Mother?" She called, no answer, "Mother?" She called. Suddenly she was tackled to the floor. It was Jade, but she was different. Her skin was grey, her eyes were a glowing yellow, black cracks painted her skin. Diamond's face dropped, "Mother?" She asked breathless. The green Edinian laughed and got up, "Come on Diamond! Fight! Where is your honor!?" She shouted, her voice having a slight echo to it, Diamond tried to get up. Her battle knowledge was still limited, but she could defend herself for only a little bit. Jade eventually gained the upper hand and pushed Diamond back on the floor, "No daughter of mine would fight like a dog." The other insulted, Diamond spat blood, "You never taught me!" She shouted as she tried to gain the upper hand again, "I didn't need to. Why would I waste my time on you!" Jade yelled, her voice echoing louder. Diamond bit back her insult and threw a shattered piece of pottery at Jade, the green Edinian deflected it with her bo staff. The young girl was finished, her body was too tired to move. Nothing was going to keep her mother down. Jade laughed, a maniacal laugh, "You're pathetic." She said before walking away. The young girl was still on the floor, her heart aching, her tears from the pain and the insults had still left her feeling empty. Diamond knew this was the end. She was all on her own now!

*Hey guys it's me. My exams are finally over but I'm still exhausted. I tried to get atleast one request out the way and this lovely idea is from Jade29_mk! Thank you so much! Sorry it's a little sloppy lol*