𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

Third Person's POV

Sahil's mom, Sujata watched from the shadows as her daughter-in-law and granddaughter laughed and mingled with Atharva, their earlier gloominess fading away like distant thunder.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she quietly hurried down the stairs, hoping no one would notice her turmoil.

In the living room, her husband, Rajat, sat, his brows furrowing as he saw Sujata rushing down the stairs, her cheeks stained with tears.

"Sujata, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked, his concern evident as he rose to his feet.

Sujata wiped away her tears, her voice steady but filled with determination. "I believe it's finally time for us to make a decision."

Rajat, his heart heavy with worry, questioned her, "What decision?"

His wife replied, "A decision we should have made long ago."

Their conversation was cut short by the sight of Anisha descending the stairs, her smile now relaxed, followed by Atharva carrying Maisha in his arms. He tickled the little girl, her laughter filling the house, bringing warmth and cheer to the atmosphere.

"So, our little Maisha made up with her mamma?" Maisha's grandfather asked her.

Maisha reached out to him, her eyes shining with innocence. "Yes, dadu. Also, papa is not bad. He loves Maisha a lot."

"Yes, beta," Sujata replied, her voice filled with affection. She placed her warm hands on her granddaughter's head, and tears welled up in her eyes once again.

Anisha, who had disappeared into the kitchen earlier, emerged, asking, "Maa, Papa, should I serve dinner?"

"Yes. Come, I'll accompany you," Sujata said with a smile. Then, turning to Atharva, she asked, "Atharva, are you staying back for dinner?"

Atharva tried to politely decline, "No, aunty. I have to go.." but was interrupted by Maisha's sweet plea, "No, please don't go, Superman. You haven't played with me."

"Please, please," Maisha continued, pleading with him, her tiny hands clinging to his long fingers.

Anisha, observing her daughter's attachment to Atharva, was about to reprimand her when she heard Atharva speak, "Alright." Maisha hurried upstairs to fetch her new toys, eager to show them to Atharva.

In the dining room, Anisha and Sujata set the dinner on the table and began serving in four plates.

Just when everything seemed serene, Atharva's phone rang.

He picked up the call, and his expression shifted to one of concern.

Suddenly, he stood up.

"I need to go. There's an emergency at home," Atharva said with a furrowed brow.

Rajat, concerned by Atharva's worried expression, inquired, "Is everything alright, Atharva?"

"Yes, all is good. Just a minor issue," Atharva replied.

"What about Maisha?" Atharva asked, clearly unhappy about disappointing the little girl.

Anisha quickly reassured him, "It's okay, sir. I'll take care of her."