𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

Hello guys,

I apologize for the delay in updating the chapter. There has been a significant issue at my home as someone fell seriously ill and had to be admitted to the hospital. This has caused a great deal of physical and mental distress for me and my family, as we've been deeply concerned about our loved one's well-being. I've been occupied with taking care of the patient and managing the various responsibilities that come with it. Unfortunately, this situation has made it difficult for me to find the time to write. However, I assure you that I will try to bring you the next chapter as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Third Person's POV

The next day rolled by, and then came another. It was Diwali, but the Raichands didn't really celebrate much. Since Atharva's parents passed away years ago, they hadn't been big on festivities. All they did was a simple pooja at the office in the evening, praying for their family's well-being.

Anisha, who had overslept a bit that morning, discovered the room empty upon awakening. Quickly donning an elegant white kurta, she made her way downstairs.

Upon descending the stairs, Anisha was promptly met Dadi, who beamed at her. "Happy Diwali, Anisha!" she exclaimed, enveloping her granddaughter-in-law in a warm hug. Anisha returned the embrace affectionately, replying, "Happy Diwali, Dadi!"

Dadi clasped Anisha's hands in her own, her gaze softening with empathy. "Beta, forgive me for suggesting this, but this is the only thing right," she began gently.

Sighing, she spoke, "Why don't you visit the Mehtas today? We don't do much here on Diwali ever since my eldest son and his wife left us. Maisha is so young, and she's bursting with excitement for the festival. Don't let the little one down. And don't deprive yourself of the joy of the festival either. Rashi and all her daughters-in-law visit their parents' homes after the pooja to celebrate Diwali. You could do the same."

Anisha found herself drawn to the idea, realizing it had been a while since she last visited the Mehtas. The notion of them being alone during the festival left a bitter taste in her mouth.

But, immediately, a pang of concern crept into her mind.

Atharva.

What about him?

She remembered his soft words.

"Both of your presence gives me the happiness of the entire world. Allow me to have that."

The thought lingered in her mind, stirring up a wave of hesitation. Wouldn't he feel bad if both she and Maisha left him alone, especially at a time when he might already be feeling a little sad?

The resonant chime of the towering pendulum clock struck ten, jolting Anisha out of her reverie.

She made her way to the dining room, hoping to find Atharva and Maisha, whom she hadn't seen since morning. However, upon entering, she was met not by her daughter or her husband, but by Rashi and her daughters-in-law.

She quickly took a step back to walk out, deciding it was best to avoid any potential confrontation with the women, especially on such a festive day.