𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Third Person's POV

Later that afternoon, as Anisha prepared to leave from her office, she spotted Atharva. He, too, was on the verge of leaving the prestigious IndiVision building. Eager to approach him, Anisha took a step forward but stopped when she noticed a group of executives encircling him, respectfully bidding farewell to their honourable Chairman.

She paused, lingering in the shadows, observing her husband in his professional element. Just then, Atharva's gaze meandered and caught sight of his wife. Their eyes locked, and Anisha's lips curled into a radiant smile. Witnessing her smile, Atharva couldn't resist, and reciprocated with a huge smile of his own.

The executives surrounding Atharva exchanged glances, their expressions tinged with surprise and disbelief. What made this cold and stern man break into such a genuine and wide smile?

However, Prakash, who had witnessed the  person on the other side, couldn't resist being the most bewildered of them all. He blinked his eyes twice, as if trying to confirm that the person on the other side was indeed Anisha.

In his mind, he pondered, "Boss and Mrs Mehta's relationship was so formal, even more formal than Boss and me, his assistant. It's like they had a PhD in formality. Since when did they upgrade to exchanging smiles? Am I hallucinating? Probably just need new glasses!"

He then had a lightbulb moment and discreetly whispered to his colleague standing beside him, "Hey, did you catch the boss cracking a smile just now?" The man nodded, prompting Prakash to point at Anisha and quiz, "Alright, who do you see there?" The colleague squinted, then replied, "Anisha Mehta, the TV host." 

Prakash, adjusting his glasses with exaggerated flair, concluded, "Well, I wasn't hallucinating. They were genuinely smiling at each other. Are we witnessing the birth of a rom-com plot in the Chairman's life?" He smacked his forehead and added, "Prakash, snap out of it! If the boss catches wind of this, you'll be packing your bags for a one-way trip to Antarctica!”

Atharva sat in the back seat of his car while Prakash took the wheel. The car had barely moved when his phone buzzed. Glancing at the caller ID, he swiftly answered, "Anisha?"

Anisha's voice, unusually soft, reached his ears, "Mr. Raichand. What are you doing?"

Atharva stared at the phone, double-checking if this was indeed Anisha on the line. The surprise etched on his face screamed, "This can't be my wife!" It was like he stumbled into a parallel universe.

He nervously cleared his suddenly parched throat and stammered, "Just sitting in the car."

"Umm...umm," Anisha hesitated with a touch of nerves, "I was asking if... umm."

"Anisha," Atharva interjected warmly, "spit it out. What's on your mind?"

In a single breath after a dramatic inhale, Anisha rushed, "Willyouaccompanymeforlunch?"

"Whoa, slow down there," Atharva chuckled, teasingly. "Can you try that one more time?"

Holding her phone with both hands, Anisha took a deep breath and uttered slowly, "Will you accompany me for lunch?"

Atharva fell into a surprised silence, contemplating, "Is my wife asking me out?" 

Prakash, eavesdropping on the unfolding phone drama, fell into deeper shock. "God, what the hell is happening? They're actually talking on the phone?"

Glancing at Atharva through the car mirror, he witnessed his boss breaking into a smile and blushing like a teenager. He gasped dramatically, "Oh my god, Atharva Raichand is smiling and blushing! Is the world ending?”