𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Third Person's POV

Anisha was taken aback upon discovering Atharva's attitude toward their marriage.

Unable to contain her curiosity, Anisha questioned him, "But, there must be something you desire from this marriage?"

Atharva responded with a bitter smile, "You can't give me what I want."

Confusion clouded Anisha's thoughts. She wanted to ask what he meant, but she hesitated.

Suddenly, he asked, "Isn't it time for Maisha's dispersal from school?"

Anisha checked her watch and nodded.

"Come, I'll drop you off at her school and get you back home," he gently offered.

Anisha attempted to decline, but Atharva interrupted, saying, "Just come, Anisha. You're already running late. Hailing a cab from here will take ages, and you'll end up being even later. Maisha would have to wait so long."

She realized he was right and nodded in agreement.

They descended the stairs, and Atharva's driver promptly opened the back door for Anisha and the front passenger seat for Atharva.

Silence enveloped the car, with Atharva furiously typing on his phone.

Anisha, her mind racing, pondered the recent events and what lay ahead for her and her daughter. She wondered if marrying Atharva was the right decision, given their complicated circumstances.

Soon, they arrived at Maisha's kindergarten.

Anisha exited the car and went to pick up her little daughter.

Spotting her daughter standing in a corner with a sad expression, Anisha rushed over and greeted her with excitement, "Maisha!"

Maisha smiled upon seeing her mother and held her hands, saying, "Mamma!"

Anisha lifted her up, informed the teacher, and took her away.

Anisha inquired, "Why is my baby sad?"

Maisha pouted and explained, "Mamma, Vanya was talking to me. I wasn't talking, but the teacher scolded me too."

Anisha chuckled at her daughter's words and reassured her, "It's okay."

"No, mamma. Teacher should have scolded Vanya only," Maisha complained.

Upon reaching Atharva's car, Anisha opened the door and asked Maisha to get in.

Still whining, Maisha entered the vehicle and was suddenly greeted by a familiar voice, "Hello, little girl!"

She exclaimed in delight and moved closer, attempting to embrace her favorite person, "Superman."

Seeing her struggle, Atharva picked her up and placed her on his lap, asking, "How is my little baby?"

"Very good!" Maisha responded.

Atharva kissed her forehead and settled her into the back seat.

Maisha sat beside her mother, and the car began to move.

Throughout the journey from school to home, Maisha's effervescent energy filled the car.

She couldn't contain her excitement, holding onto the back of Atharva's seat as she eagerly narrated various stories. Her previous sadness had completely vanished, replaced by a radiant joy that was impossible to resist.