𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

Third Person's POV

Atharva stepped into the room, accompanied by a helper carrying a tray laden with breakfast for the mother-daughter duo.

He found Maisha sitting attentively, as her mother combed her hair, getting the little girl ready for school.

"Is Maisha all set for school?" Atharva inquired, approaching them.

Maisha nodded, affirming, "Yes."

"Excellent! We'll leave after you've had some breakfast," he remarked, offering a plate to Maisha.

Maisha, filled with excitement, approached Atharva, "Will you take me to school?"

"Yes, I'll take you," Atharva affirmed, gently holding the girl as she stood on the bed.

Maisha exclaimed, taking the plate from Atharva's hands, "Yes!"

"Are you happy?" Atharva inquired, making her sit after planting a gentle kiss on her cheeks.

Maisha nodded in agreement.

His gaze shifted to Anisha. Gesturing towards the breakfast plate, he encouraged her, "Have your breakfast."

Anisha nodded but remained still. Her mind raced, torn between guilt and embarrassment. She swallowed hard, her gaze darting between Atharva and the floor, a silent battle waging within her as she struggled to articulate her feelings. Softly, she uttered, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Atharva questioned.

"For the kheer," Anisha admitted, a hint of embarrassment in her voice.

Atharva noticed the sadness and guilt reflected in her brown eyes, and it bothered him to no extent.

Anisha began to ramble, "I don't know how I forgot to add sugar. I feel so bad. Everybody's morning worsened because of me. Also..."

Before she could continue, Atharva cut her off, "Anisha."

Though he cherished her voice and loved listening to her speak, her spiraling into guilt over a simple mistake was something he couldn't bear. It made him unwilling to hear her speaking.

"You haven't committed a crime; there's no need to feel this sorry. Relax. It's alright. Don't let it affect you. It's no big deal," he reassured, meeting her gaze.

"Do you understand?" he asked.

Anisha nodded in acknowledgment.

"Good. The chatter downstairs is meaningless.  They speak nonsense. Don't dwell on what they say. Listen with one ear and let it out with the other," he advised gently.

A faint smile curved Anisha's lips as she absorbed his words, easing the tension in the room, bringing relief to Atharva.

He then added, "Also, it's perfectly fine if you don't know how to cook. There's no need to stress yourself over that. I didn't bring you here to cook."

Anisha felt embarrassed as her truth surfaced.

"Are you going to the office today?" Atharva changed the topic, noticing her embarrassment.

She shook her head and replied, "I'll go from the day after tomorrow."

"Okay," Atharva acknowledged.

Having finished her breakfast, Maisha approached Atharva and held his hands, "Let's go."