𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

Dear readers, I apologize if the reference of a Hindu festival ritual, comes across as inaccurately depicted in the chapter. My intention was to create a fictional narrative that celebrates the characters' emotions and relationships, intermingling with the ritual. A proud Hindu myself, I have full respect for the religion and its customs. Your understanding and feedback are appreciated as I strive to improve and learn. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Third Person's POV

Next evening, Anisha hurried through the bustling streets of the city, the echoes of her footsteps drowned by the cacophony of car horns and chatter. Her mind buzzed with anticipation as she made her way to the quaint café where she was meeting her friend, Vidhi.

Parking her car near the café, she entered the quaint establishment, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee enveloping her senses, mingling with the soft murmur of conversation. Anisha scanned the room eagerly, her eyes finally landing on a familiar figure tucked away in a corner.

Vidhi sat there, her face lit up with a radiant smile as she caught sight of Anisha. With a rush of excitement, Anisha made her way over to her friend, their embrace filled with years of unspoken words and missed moments.

"I'm so glad to have you back, Vii. You have no idea how much I missed you, my dear," Anisha exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with joy.

Vidhi returned the sentiment, grasping Anisha's hands in hers. "I'm also glad to be back, Anii. And you don't need to miss me anymore, because I'm not going back."

"Really?" Anisha's excitement bubbled over. "That's so great!"

Their conversation was momentarily interrupted as the waiter approached their table. After placing their orders, the friends resumed their discussion.

"Now, tell me, what's going on with you. You seem a lot changed. But first, tell me, how's Maisha?" Vidhi inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"Maisha is great," Anisha replied with a smile, her heart warming at the mention of her daughter.

Vidhi's eyes lit up with excitement. "You must have brought her with yourself, na. I so wanted to meet her and squeeze her cheeks. She looked so adorable in video calls. I was near your in-laws' house yesterday night and had thought of dropping by there and surprising you. I would have also met my darling, but I got caught up in some emergency."

The waiter delivered their orders.

Anisha, picking up her cup, replied, "You wouldn't have met me or Maisha there."

Taking a sip of her drink, Vidhi asked, "What?"

"We don't live there anymore," Anisha replied softly.

"What?" Vidhi's confusion was evident in her tone as she sought clarification, "What are you speaking, yaar? I don't understand anything."

Anisha took a deep breath, her gaze steady as she said, "I'll tell you something, but you won't shout."

Vidhi's curiosity peaked further. "What are you going to tell?"

"Promise you won't shout," Anisha insisted.

"Okay, promise," Vidhi agreed, her interest piqued.

"I got married," Anisha revealed, her words hanging in the air.

Vidhi spat out her drink, her eyes wide with shock as she exclaimed loudly, "What?" The sudden outburst drawing surprised glances from nearby patrons in the cafe.