𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Thank you for all the 'take care' messages in the last chapter! It means a lot!

Third Person's POV

The morning scare had left Atharva reeling with heartache. Every detail of what had gone wrong with Anisha, his precious, in his own house haunted his thoughts. The fear of losing her, even for a moment, sent shivers down his spine. He couldn't shake off the image of her struggling to breathe, her face contorted in pain. The guilt gnawed at him, knowing that he could have lost her if it hadn't been for Dhruv's timely intervention.

After ensuring she finished her lunch properly, he went downstairs, and finding Nina, he asked, his expression stern, and his brows furrowed, "What had Anisha eaten this morning, and who had cooked it?"

Nina shifted uncomfortably under his piercing gaze, her hands fidgeting nervously at her sides. "I-I hadn't seen her eat anything," she stammered, her voice trembling slightly.

Atharva's jaw tensed at Nina's response, his demeanour growing colder and more rigid. With a curt nod, he dismissed Nina and turned to leave.

Entering his and Anisha’s room, he caught sight of Anisha emerging from the washroom, having just taken a bath.

Seeing him, she cleared her throat softly and then spoke, "Mr. Raichand, could you help me drape my saree?"

Atharva's brow furrowed in puzzlement as he questioned, "Why do you suddenly want to wear a saree?"

"For the pooja," she said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Atharva took a seat on the sofa and gestured for her to sit beside him. As she took her seat, he spoke, his tone gentle yet firm, "Forget all that for now, first, tell me, what did you eat that led to that condition of yours?"

Anisha was well aware of what had caused her condition. She hadn't consumed anything except for the halwa that Aparna had fed her.

When Aparna had approached her with the suggestion of a fresh start, Anisha was genuinely delighted. She had longed for nothing more than to mend her relationships with the Raichands, if only for Atharva's sake. However, she had never anticipated that Aparna would go to such lengths.

Anisha found herself torn. She knew she should tell Atharva about the snakes within his own family, but she feared it would only strain their relationship further. He had already had numerous arguments with everybody because of her, and she didn't want him to have anymore.

Moreover, the thought of what Atharva might do if he discovered that Aparna was responsible for her condition filled her with dread. She couldn't bear the idea of causing more tension within the family or putting Atharva in a difficult position.

Seeing Anisha lost in thought, Atharva gently prompted her, "Anisha, what are you thinking?"

Anisha shook her head softly.

He persisted, "Then tell me, what did you eat that led to this?"

She hesitated before replying softly, "I don't remember now."

"But..." Atharva began to speak, only to be swiftly interrupted by his wife.

"No buts," she insisted, cutting him off. "Chalo, help me drape the saree."

He persisted, "Anisha, I need to know..."

Anisha interrupted, her tone pleading, "Let it go na, Mr. Raichand."