𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒

Third Person's POV

As the day at school drew to a close, a wave of happiness enveloped Atharva, Anisha, and Maisha.

Atharva bade farewell to the mother-daughter duo and headed to work, while Anisha and Maisha made their way back to the Raichand Mansion.

Upon entering, they were met by Atharva's dadi, seated gracefully in the living room, accompanied by Rashi and her daughters-in-law.

The morning walks had fostered the bond between Anisha and Atharva's grandmother, who held a fondness for the young lady and the spirited four-year-old her grandson had chosen as his wife and his daughter.

"Maisha," the elderly lady addressed the child kindly, "did you win a trophy at school?"

"No, dadi," Maisha replied with a beam of pride, "my papa won this at school." Her eyes sparkled with admiration for her papa.

The ladies seated exchanged puzzled glances, trying to decipher the little girl's statement. Dadi turned to Anisha, her eyes questioning, and asked, "Atharva won?"

Anisha nodded, a smile playing on her lips. "Yes, there was a song competition for the fathers at Maisha's school. Mr. Raichand participated and secured the first position."

"Atharva sang?" Rashi's voice carried an undertone of disbelief, mirroring the shocked expressions on her daughters-in-law's faces.

Anisha confirmed with a nod, and Maisha chimed in eagerly, "Yes, my papa sings so nicely. Everybody was clapping for him." Her satisfaction in her papa, evident in her every word.

Dadi's smile widened as she listened to the enthusiastic little girl. Despite her initial surprise at learning about her grandson's participation in a school singing competition, she wasn't entirely taken aback. Knowing how Atharva was willing to go to great lengths for the woman and child standing before her, she found herself unsurprised.

Anisha and Maisha excused themselves politely and went upstairs.

Rashi sighed, her brow furrowing, "It appears that Atharva is willing to do anything for them."

Aparna's tone was laced with bitterness as she retorted, "Yes, does this Anisha possess some sort of magic? She has completely transformed Atharva bhai!"

"Indeed," Rashi concurred, nodding in agreement with her eldest son's wife. "She is too good at it.”

Ritika, her youngest daughter-in-law, chimed in, “Regardless of everything, we can't deny the positive changes she's brought into Atharva bhai! Moreover, there's something about her that's captivating, almost enchanting.”

Aparna scoffed, her scepticism evident in her tone. "I don't buy it," she retorted bitterly. "I've seen enough to know that people like her always have an agenda.”

Hearing Aparna and Rashi hurling insults at Anisha, Dadi's patience wore thin. "What nonsense both of you are spouting? Is this how we talk about a member of our family? Let me remind you, she is Atharva's wife."

"Mummy ji, I understand your concern, but you know as well as I do that she is not suitable for Atharva or our family," Rashi attempted to argue.

Dadi cut her off sternly, "Enough! Whether she is deserving or not, she is married to Atharva. That is a fact we cannot change. So, I suggest you refrain from such talk."