Chapter 14

ELENA'S POV

I woke up and Stefan wasn't in my bed. I walked downstairs and saw that Stefan was making breakfast for me. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Happy birthday." He said. "Thanks." I said. He put the pancakes on a plate and put whipped cream on top. He put the plate on the table and he sat with his plate.

I sat next to him. We ate our pancakes. We finished eating and the doorbell rang. I opened it and it was Damon. I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back.

"When did you get back?" I asked. "I couldn't miss my best friends birthday." He said with a smile. He pulled a box out of his pocket. He gave it to me.

I opened it and it was a golden bracelet. "Thank you." I said and I hugged him again. "You're welcome." He said. Stefan walked by us.

He smiled. "Damon your back." He said. "I couldn't miss Elena's birthday." Damon said. Stefan walked over to Damon and hugged him. "Damon I am having a party here tonight." I said.

"Okay." He said. Damon and Stefan went in the living room. I went upstairs to get ready for my party. I did my makeup. I was going to be wearing a white sexy dress with white high heels.

I am going to wear the bracelet Damon got me. I don't think Stefan got me anything but that's fine. I didn't expect him too. I put my dress on and curled my hair.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened it and it was Damon. He was wearing jeans, biker boots, and a blue shirt. I will admit he did look good.

"You look beautiful." He said. "Thanks." I said with a smile. He smiled back at me. He looked me in the eyes and leaned in and kissed me.

STEFAN'S POV

I was walking to Elena's room. I saw Damon inside. I watched them kiss. My heart broke. I had the necklace I got her in my hands. I looked at it and put it in my pocket.

I guess I'm not asking her to be my girlfriend. I walked downstairs and saw that some people were here. I went to the alcohol table and got a drink. I really need it right now.

I wish Damon didn't come back. First he took Katherine away from me and now it's going to be Elena. I sat on the couch and drank my bourbon.

ELENA'S POV

Why is Damon kissing me? I pulled away from him and he looked at me confused. "Damon why did you do that?" I asked. "I don't know." He said.

"Damon I just want to be friends." I said. "Okay. I'm sorry." He said. "It's okay just don't do that again." I said. He left my room and I went downstairs.

I saw a lot of people already here. I saw Stefan sitting on the couch. I went over and sat by him. He looked at me. "Hello beautiful." He said.

He had bourbon in his hand. "Are you already drunk?" I asked. "Well it isn't fun watching you make out with my brother." He said. He saw that?

"Stefan why do you care? You and I are not dating. I can kiss whoever I want." I said. "But I thought my brother is one of your best friends." He said.

"I didn't even want Damon to kiss me." I said. "What if I want to be your boyfriend?" He asked. "I'm not looking for a relationship right now with you." I said.

"Why?" He asked. "The only thing I will do with you is friends with benefits." I said. "So we fuck but we are just friends." He said. "Until I get a boyfriend." I said. "Okay." He said with a smirk.

"We are only friends who have sex with each other. We are not in a relationship." I said. "Okay." He said. I walked away from him and went to get a drink.

Caroline and klaus were dancing. Damon came over to me. I drank my drink and he got a drink. "Do you want to dance?" Damon asked. "Sure." I said. I put down my drink and followed Damon.

Everyone was dancing in the living room. I started grinding my hips against his. I felt Damon getting hard. I shouldn't be doing this but I was drunk.

"Elena don't do that." Damon said. "Do what?" I asked with a smirk. He was standing behind me and he started kissing my neck. Stefan was a better kisser than Damon.

I saw Stefan watching as and I smirked. "Damon I'll be back." I said. "Okay." He said. I walked away from him. I went upstairs and went to my room.

I sat on my bed. The door opened to my bedroom. Stefan walked in. "Are you dating Damon?" He asked. "No Stefan." I said.

"I got you this." He said. He pulled a diamond necklace out of his pocket. It was the shape of an infinity sign. "It's beautiful. Thank you." I said.

He walked over by me. I pulled my hair out of his way and he put the necklace on me. "Why didn't you give it to me earlier?" I asked.

"Because I saw you kissing Damon." He said. "Stefan I don't like Damon like that. We are just friends." I said. "I'm glad to hear you are not dating my brother." He said.

"I'm not dating you either." I said. "Maybe you'll date me one day." He said. "I doubt that." I said. "So we are only friends with benefits." He said. "Yes." I said. "It's better than nothing." He said.