Chapter 16

STEFAN'S POV

I woke up and opened my eyes. I looked on the other side of the bed. Elena wasn't there. Where did she go?

I got off of the bed and put my boxers on. I usually wouldn't put my boxers on because Elena's seen me named before but Damon is still here.

I went downstairs and saw Elena cleaning up. After the party it looked like a bomb went off. "Good morning." She said. "Good morning." I said.

I smiled at her. "Do you need help?" I asked. "Yes please." She said. I walked over to her and started picking up red cups and putting them in the trash bag. After we were done I made breakfast.

I handed her a plate of bacon and eggs. We ate and then she went to her room and I sat on the couch drinking bourbon.

DAMON'S POV

I woke up and got dressed. I packed my stuff because I am leaving town for good. I am moving to Italy. I have to tell Stefan and Elena.

I came down stairs and saw Stefan sitting on the couch in his boxers drinking bourbon. I laughed silently. I'm going to miss him.

Even though it doesn't seem like it I love him. He is my brother. "Stefan I have to talk to you." I said. He looked at me. "What is it?" He asked.

"I'm leaving town for good." I said. "Why?" He asked. "Because I want to start a new life away from Mystic Falls." I said. "Where are you moving too?" He asked.

"Italy." I said. He walked over to me and hugged me. I hugged him back. "I'm going to miss you Damon." He said. "I'll miss you too little brother." I said.

I heard Elena walking down the stairs. She looked at Stefan and I hugging. "What's going on?" She asked. "I'm leaving town for good." I said.

"Why?" She asked. "I'm going to start a new life outside of Mystic Falls." I said. She walked over to me and hugged me. I'll miss her. "I'll miss you Elena." I said. "I'll miss you too Damon." She said.

"I love you Elena." I said. "I love you Damon." She said. She broke the hug and I grabbed my suitcase. "Damon make sure you find a girlfriend. Don't be lonely." He said.

"I will Stefan." I said. "Goodbye Damon." He said. "Goodbye brother." I said as I walked out the front door and went to my car. I put my suitcase in the car and drove away.

ELENA'S POV

I watched Damon walk out the door. I tear rolled down my cheek. Stefan looked at me. "Hey don't cry, you'll see him again." He said. I cried even more. I can't believe Damon is leaving town forever.

I know he will visit once in a while but it isn't the same. Stefan hugged me and I cried in his arms. "Do you want to lay on the couch?" He asked. I nodded and he carried me.

"Stefan I could walk." I said. "I know but I like having you in my arms." He said. He put me on the couch and I laid down. Stefan picked up my legs so he could sit. He put my legs on his lap. He grabbed the blanket and put it on both of us.

"Elena we will see Damon again." He said. "I know but it won't be the same." I said. "I know." He said sadly. "Tomorrow do you want to go on a road trip to the beach?" He asked.

"Sure." I said. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him. I will pack later. Right now I am going to lay on the couch for an hour or two.