S⋆E⋆V⋆E⋆N⋆T⋆E⋆E⋆N

TOM POV

Lana had fallen into a state of depression, I didn't know how to get her out of it. I had tried everything, nothing would bring her out of our bed.

I lay next to her, comfort her bring her food, but she just wouldn't move. It's like she was frozen in place.

I stroke her golden hair, analyzing her breath as she sleeps, matching the way my heartbeats with hers. Lana starts to twist and turn.

"No, no. Please." She whispers, breathing heavier. "Shh shh, you're home, you're safe." I whisper, against hee ear, kissing her temple gently.

She'd been having nightmares, sometimes they'd be about her mother, sometimes they'd be about me.

I could see tears start to fall down her face, as she sleeps. I wipe her tears with my thumb, shaking her up gently. "It's just a dream baby, breath." I rub her back.

"Please Tom! No!" She starts to scream, I could see the sweat start to form on her forehead. "Lana, Lana!" I start to shake her up, her eyes suddenly bolt open and she gets up breathing really fast.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry, it's not real." I hug her body that had been crumbled up into a ball. "I miss my mom Tom." Lana cries, putting her face into her hands.

"I'm right here, this is what's real." I take a deep breath in, pressing my lips against her forehead.

"Please don't leave me Tom." She grips onto my shirt crying, how could I help her? I didn't know how to help her.

She had saved me, how was I supposed to save her?

I hold Lana, as she cries out her worries onto me. I know she didn't mean to be a burden, and she wasn't. Truly, I didn't mind taking care of her. She was the thing keeping some light in my life.

"They're just getting worse Tom." Lana shakes her head. "What is, tell me." I hold her face, shaking it gently. She moves in front of me on the bed.

Lana sits, crossing her legs. I hold her thighs caressing them as she begins to talk. "I've been having dreams, from when I was younger and Chloe and I used to hide in the closet as my dad beat the living shit out of my mom." Lana scoffs, looking away.

"But lately, my dreams have been about you more then my mother. It's that day, on the bridge. It replays in my mind every day, except um..-" Lana pauses, sniffling, I could see the tears filling back up in her eyes.

"Except what baby, tell me." I say. "I couldn't save you this time." She shakes her head, her voice cracking as she talks. I scoot closer to her, hugging her.

"I'm right here, i'm not going anywhere." I say hugging her tightly. "I know but what if I was sent here for a reason, and I can't even fulfill what I was here for?" Lana cries.

I pull away from her, twirling her hair as I talk to her. "You're also here for me, I need you. You already fulfill my life Lana." I smile.

"Promise?" She nods her head at me. "I promise." I grab her knuckles, kissing them gently.

Lana sits on my lap as I rock her body back and forth, she hugs my neck. "Do you think todays the day?" I ask stroking her hair. "I think so." Lana nods.

"Let's go get breakfast, can you go with me please?" I get up placing her gently onto the bed, I squat in-front of her. Holding her knees, as they hang off the bed.

"I think so." Lana says

I go to her suitcase across the room, Chloe had gone to their house and brought her a huge thing of clothes. Don't ask me why Chloe can travel to 2023 and Lana can't, we don't know that fact yet.

I pull out some black Nike shorts, that had some hints of white on it. I grab one of my t-shirts for her. "What shoes babe." I say rummaging through her bag.

"Just my converse are fine." Lana replies, I pull out her black converse placing them on the floor next to her shorts and shirt. "Do you want me to help you change?" I ask Lana.

She shakes her head no, walking over she sits on her heels taking off her black tank top she slips on my shirt. Lana gets up putting the shorts on.

"Do you have any socks?" Lana asks. "Yeah here." I stand up, my knees making a clicking noise as I get up. Lana giggles bringing her converse to the chair sitting on it as she waits for the socks.

"What's got you laughing?" I smile, kneeling down putting the socks on her feet "When you got up it sounded like you were 50 years old with arthritis." Lana jokes.

"I just have faulty knees, that's not my fault." I laugh. "Tom." Lana says, I roll down the socks. Adjusting them. "Yes." I say looking up to her as I get the converse loosening them.

"I love you." Lana smiles, I place her feet into the shoes. "I love you too Heaven." I tie her laces, I put my hands on her knees as she sits in the chair. I give her a quick kiss before getting up, my knees clicking again.

"They clicked again." Lana gasps. "I know baby, i'm getting old." I sigh shaking my head.

"Are you ready to go." Lana stands up grabbing my hand.

"I'm ready, let's go."