Ch 24

Zac's POV:

I was up all night thinking about my mother & my brother.

I was just shocked they found out where I lived...

I shook the thought away & fell asleep on the couch.

- next morning -

I woke up out my sleep to a loud banging noise at the door.

I groaned and rushed up to open it.

It was Angela.

"Hey Angela what's up?" I said wiping my eyes.

"Hey... Zac where's Fatima?" She asked rushing into the house.

"She's upstairs sleep, I believe. Why? What's going on?" I asked concerned.

She shook her head & rushed up the steps.

"Nothing Zac this between me and her... bye."

I sighed and closed the door.

& walked over to Xavier who was sound asleep.

———————————

Fatima's POV:

I woke up in a rush but then I seen Angela.

"Angela? What you doing here?" I asked wiping my eyes.

"We need to talk..." Angela said as she sat at the edge of the bed.

"Okay... what's this about?" I said as I sat up looking in her direction.

"So... Bryce was at my house last night." She said with her head down.

"Bitch... why was he at your house?" I said getting very confused but concerned.

"Well I was cooking dinner and all of a sudden I heard a knock at the door. I walked over and peeped through the peephole & it was Bryce. I didn't know what to do what to say. So I opened the door but before I could open he kicked the door down. And I fell to the ground. He got on top of me and..." she started tearing up.

"Angela..." I said as I got closer to her to comfort her. "What did he do?"

She started crying hysterically.

"Angela... what did he do?" I said as I looked at her.

She looked up and said "he choked me... I almost blacked out. I kicked him off of me & I ran to the kitchen he followed me and I went under the skin to grab my gun and I pointed it at him. And I said "you take one more step towards me, you might regret it" and then he took a step closer and I fired my gun. I hit him in the chest, Tima. I don't know if he's ok. I don't wanna go to prison, Fatima." She started to cry more.

"Baby girl, it was self defense. You had to protect yourself. No matter what. Are you okay tho?" I asked.

She shook her head & said "no I'm scared he's actually is gonna kill me."

Seconds later we heard a banging sound at the front door.

Angela screamed and ran into the bathroom.

"okay... Angela I'm gonna go check it out. Lock the door and don't come out until I say so.. got me?" I said as I was grabbing my gun in my purse.

"Yes, be careful Tima." She said quietly.

"I got you, girl. You know I always keep my pistol on me." I said as I went downstairs slowly.