02

Miami 2023

"Here you ladies go." Oscar's manger passes over two passes for Cora and I as we get out of the car.

"You'll need these on you at all time while you're present at the paddock and to get in or out of the gates."

I offer her a smile and thank her while placing the pass around my neck. I feel Cora link her arm with mine and pull me close as we follow Oscar and his entourage through the gates.

"I can not believe we're actually here. I'm afraid I'm gonna wake up and none of it's going to be real."

I reach over and pinch her on the arm. "Ow you bitch." She unlinks our arms and gives me a playful shove.

I throw my head forward in laughter and turned to her with a my bad look on my face.

Oscar stops to wait for us to catch up and throws his arm over my shoulder as we keep walking.

I wrap my arm around his waist and give him a squeeze. "I still can't believe you're a driver for McLaren." We share a smile between the two of us. "How has it been being more in the spotlight this year?"

"It's definitely been an adjustment. There's always been that pressure throughout my racing career to be the best I can to get here but I've felt like it's gotten heavier since this season has started, but I'm managing and making the best of it."

I hear the shutter of cameras going off on either side of us. Oscar nods his head at a group of photographers to our left.

"And I can never get used to that. I don't see how you deal with them all the time."

I shrug my shoulders. "You eventually just get used to it and forget they're even there."

We're mid-walk up the steps leading up to the McLaren hospitality setup when I notice Cora's not by my side anymore. I look back and see her stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

I call her name but she ignores me. I walk back down and stop beside her, snapping my fingers in front of her face. "Earth to Cora."

All I get in response is a mumble and nod of her head toward something in front of her.

"What?" I furrow my brows at her and turn my head to see what, well, more like who, she's staring at.

I shake my head and giggle at her. "Sweetie, you're drooling."

She finally whips her head over to me. "Indy, that's the Charles Leclerc."

I didn't notice Oscar had come down to join us until I heard him speak up.
"Wanna meet him?"

Cora immediately shakes her head no at the same time Oscar starts walking toward him.
"I don't think I- wait no, where are you going?" She looks at me with wide eyes. "Indy, go get your brother!"

I pat her on the shoulder and grab her arm to make her start walking towards the group.
"Cora, you've met Harry Styles at an award show before, I think you can handle meeting Charles."

I slide up beside Oscar, joining the small circle of drivers, the three of them turning their attention to us.

"Guys, this is my older sister Indy and her friend Cora." He gestures towards us and then back to the guys.
"And this is Max and Charles."

"Pleasure to meet you guys," I give them both a smile and subtly nudge Cora with my elbow to snap her out of staring at Charles.

She gives an awkward wave and Charles chuckles at her, "Yeah, uh, what she said."

Charles directs his attention towards Cora. "Is this your first time at an F1 race weekend?"

Her cheeks turn the slightest shade of red at his attention. "Yeah, I actually didn't even start watching it until I met Indy a few years ago."