05

Miami 2023

"Holy shit." Cora and I say at the same time as Oscar pulls up in front of the hotel in a McLaren Senna.

"Now I wish I wouldn't have told Charles I would ride with him to the club. That thing is badass."

Oscar rolls the passenger side window down. "Uber for Indy?"

I let out a small giggle and shake my head at him as I walk toward the car. "You're such a dork."

I hop into the passenger seat and pull the door closed, waving my fingers at Cora who's just been joined out front by Charles. "Let's get this show on the road."

"Where are we even going?"

"M2 nightclub. I made some calls and they've roped off a section for everyone in the VIP section."

"How did you manage to do that on such short notice?"

I give a nonchalant shrug of my shoulders. "I know people."

He glances over at me, "that's very vague."

"Full truth?"

He laughs, "hit me with it."

"I went out a few times the DJ who's got a set out there tonight. Saw it on Instagram, messaged him and told him what was up, he talked to the manager of the club and boom," I make an explosion with my hands, "we were in."

"Wait, who's the DJ?"

"Zedd."

I see him make a face. "When the hell did you go out with Zedd? Isn't he in like his 30s?"

I wave my around in the space between us. "It was like 2 years ago. We met at the VMAs through a mutual friend and went on a couple dates. Nothing serious, just got on better as friends."

"You seem to have left that out of our conversations back then."

I stick my tongue out at him. "Sorry dad, the few months after turning 21 were a little blurry, so it must've slipped my mind."

He clicks his tongue in his mouth and shakes his head disapprovingly. "The famous Indy Piastri party girl era. Is that who's gonna be making an appearance tonight?"

I cringe a little at the mention of that time in my life. "It's been a while since I've been out like this but I'd like to think I've learned how to handle my alcohol a little better since then."

He pulls up to the valet and puts the car in park. "Guess we're about to find out."

We walk up to the front entrance and all I have to do is smile at the security guard out front and he moves the black velvet rope out of our way.

"I sometimes forget how famous you are and then you go and can do stuff like that and it still shocks me a little."

I lean my head closer so he can hear me over the music. "It still shocks me too."

We make our way to the section roped off for us and I head over to the private bar to go ahead and start a tab for us.

"What'll it be?"

I give the bartender a smile as I take a seat at the bar. "Two vodka crans and," I look back and assess Oscar to see what kind of vibe he gives off, "a double shot of Jack."

He nods and turns around to start making the drinks. I hear a few other people arriving to our section and a few seconds later, I feel someone take up the space on the empty stool beside me.

"Norris." I turn in my seat to face him.

He copies my movements and tilts his head at me. "How'd you know it was me? You didn't even look."