07

Finally got chapter 7 rewritten!! It's around 3600 words, so it's a long one but I loved writing it, so I hope you guys enjoy!!
——————-
I'm in the middle of finishing up curling my hair when I hear a knock sound on the bathroom door.

"Indy are you almost ready? The car's 5 minutes away."

I let out a breath before answering, "yeah I'll be out in a minute." I roll my eyes as I wrap my hair around the barrel.

The absolute last thing I want to be doing today, is attending a work event during my time off. My manager, Jeff, is opening a new office for his management company here in London and asked Cora if her and I would attend in his absence since we were already here, while he finishes up signing a new client at the LA office.

I tried my best to protest when Cora brought it up a few days ago but she said Jeff thinks having me show up to smile and wave would bring good press and attract up and coming artist looking for someone to represent them.

Cora's full business mode when I walk out of the bathroom, pacing around the small guest room, phone pressed to her ear, dressed in her light blue pant suit with a white body suit that she paired with some nude heels, hair slicked back into a low ponytail.

I wave my hand to get her attention and when she looks at me, she scrunches her face up and places her hand over her phone's speaker.
"Seriously Indy," she eyes me head to toe, "you can't wear jeans and sneakers to a business launch."

I glance down at my suitcase and grab my oversized black blazer, pulling it on. I squint my eyes at her, "better boss?"

She rolls her eyes and checks her watch, "it's going to have to be because the cars waiting out front."

I mumble "should've just went with Oscar to McLaren," under my breath as I pull the front door to Oscar's apartment shut and follow her out and down the stairs to the car.

5 minutes into the car ride, Cora finally hangs up the phone and puts her attention on me.
"Okay, so I know you don't want to do this today, but I need you to play nice and put up a good front. If it helps, don't do it for Jeff's sake, do it for mine, please?" She gives me her signature puppy dog eyes and pouts her lip.

We have a stare down for a few seconds before I cave, "damn you and your puppy dog eyes." She claps her hands in excitement and smiles brightly at me.

"Okay, so all you need to do is say a few good things about what the group has done for you and your career, get photographed a couple of times and then you're free to mingle around."

We pull up in front of the office building and hop out of the car when the security guards waiting out front usher us out, camera flashes going off as soon as I step out of the car.

I plaster a smile on my face and wave at a few of them calling my name. When we step through the front doors, I pause and pull my phone out of my back pocket, smiling when I see the name flashing on the screen.

Cora halts when she notices I'm no longer beside her, turning to look at me with scrunched eyebrows.
"Give me like 3 minutes and I'll be in there, I promise." She smiles and nods before walking into the common area.

I hit the accept call button and bring the phone up to my ear.
"Lando, what did I do to deserve this?"

He breathes out a laugh.
"Well, I was hanging out at Max's, pretty much third wheeling with him and his girlfriend, when you popped into my mind and I was like 'man, I wonder what Indiana is up to today?'"

"Indy," I put a little emphasis on it, "is actually making an appearance for work today."

"Damn, they're making you work on your vacation? Couldn't you've just said something to blow them off?"