Chapter 2: Cursed Patterns

Yay! CHAPTA TOOOOOOOO!!!! 

The image above is a depiction of a Golden Pattern mention later in the chapter.
A curse? Not likely, but... Hate? Maybe. Lightning bolts shooting out of the sky? Yes. A new school. Yes!!! LETS 'A GO!!!

___________________________________________

Myanmar POV

Wow. I never knew that Thailand was like that sometimes, and according to the other ASEAN members, I'm not the only one who thought so. Even though I'm gonna kill her for that later, it was a little bit impressive, not many woman I know would stand up to me like that. Y/N would, but she's an idiot. A powerful idiot. I told her what had happened, and how Thailand wasted my time. Then, she commented on me. Or, something I said.

"You called her by name." She pointed out, raising her eyebrows in a manner that could only be described by a noise France makes. Honhonhonhon. I hate her so much.

"Huh?" I stepped back, accidentally knocking into the dining table, if you could call a large carboard box that.

Even though me and Y/N had high paying jobs, because most of our country lives in poverty, we chose to as well. When countryhumans take over a country, they can choose to live like their ruler/s, or the majority of their population. My parents have always said live like your people, for only then you'll understand them. Even though the majority of Wuwatha lives in comfortability, Y/N still chose to honor her genetical side, rather than the piece of land and it's people she has to closely observe as her job. We do have lots of money in the bank, so we'll use it when absolutely necessary. But other than that, we live in cruel conditions. Often we go days without food. That doesn't affect our performance in day to day life, there's just a constant and annoying thought of food.

"Well," Y/N said as she hopped off the wooden stool she was sitting on. "I'm off to bed."

"Me too." I grumbled and headed to bed.

When I woke up later that night, I found a post note on the front door. Y/N had gone to the library that was a few blocks away. She loved that place. It was also a good thing because Y/N had next to no idea about the modern world. Going to the library to research about it would be a great idea to help her catch up. Sometimes I wonder if she spends a little too much time there though. 

Whenever she's outside our flat she goes human mode to keep a low profile, you could only be so careful. I also knew that she always used the 'back door' to leave the apartment, because she's paranoid that someone will see me and her coming and going from the same house. Still, many people think I was just lucky like the others to become a guardian, not that Y/N was even my sister. If they remembered at all.

WW2 was so long ago that many countries don't remember much, especially since it was quite traumatizing. Some countries weren't even alive in WW2, others, unfortunately like Russia, were too young. In fact, USSR made Russia hide his ability and now Russia's afraid to use it now. Y/N tried to approach him a few days after he turned 13 countryhuman years, but he saw her and ran off. She's also tried get the others to talk to him, but no one wanted anything to do with him. In fact, none of the other Guardians ever use their powers anymore, except me and my sister. Finland and Estonia also broke up, so there's also that tension in the group.

I wish we could go back to the few days after me and Y/N returned to Earth, when everything was peaceful and back to normal. Of course, there was always a war, the Cold War being one at the time. But, The Guardians were together. Sort of.

======================================================

fLaShBaCk

Myanmar POV