Prologue: Rebirth

A few months before the death of Summer Rose...

Summer, Taiyang, and Qrow were currently in the town of Elmwood, a small town in the Mystral region. because of a call that personally requested their presence. 

Summer looked worried looking around for something, "Guys we should hurry Selene sounded like it was urgent enough to request Team STRQ."

Tai looked down at his wife, "Relax Summer, Selene and Bryant are Huntsmen like us and they graduated top of Haven I'm sure it's just some Grimm."

"Then why are we in town Tai?"

"Not helping Qrow."

"You want me to be quiet, Tai then get my flask back from Summer."

"Yeah no remember what happened last time you were drunk around Selene's kid."

"Yeah she kicked me with her semblance and it hurt like hell!"

"We're here!" Summer shouted and opened the door to a closed bakery.

Inside the bakery is a man and a woman. The man is sweeping the floor with a tall and bulky build similar to Tai's physique, green eyes, and Redish-brown hair.  The woman was holding a tray of pastries She was a bit taller than Summer with shoulder-length raven black hair and light blue eyes.

"Summer!"

"Selene!"

Selene put down the tray of warm pastries before hugging Summer.

"Wait...Where's Raven, Summer?"

"That's a long story I'll catch you up later..."

"Hey Tai long time no see, Qrow..." Bryant puts down his broom before shaking hands with Tai and then looking at Qrow.

"Hey, Bryant."

"Goddamn, you're still mad about that."

"Scythes are bullshit."

"LANGUAGE!"

"SWEAR JAR!"

Tai claps his hands together to get everyone's attention. "Before we get sidetracked why did you call us here, Selene."

"Right sorry, your time is precious you have kids as well. Very well Bryce you can come out honey."

Hiding behind a giant kaiju plush comes a little boy with medium-length reddish brown hair like Bryant and light blue eyes like Selene.

"It's ok hun no need to be shy you can trust them."

"Hi, I'm Bruce.."

"No, no hun your name is Bryce."

Summer gets down to Bryce's level causing him to hide behind Selene's dress peaking around towards the silver-eyed huntress.

"He's so cute!"

Tai gets a good look at the boy. "He looks about Yang's age."

"That's not the point, Bryce does the thing." Bryant looks at his son.

"Ok.."

Bryce holds his small hand horizontally concentrating before a small fireball.

Qrow, Summer, and Tai look very interested.

Qrow turns toward Bryant. "Is that his semblance?"

Bryant shakes his head. "No, he has a perception-based semblance, we named it Bullet Time. Wait it gets stranger do the thing you showed your mother, son."

Bryce concentrates even harder flames of orange and blue begin to condense before taking the shape of a beautiful burning feather.