B.U.R.N: Natalia Grey

-Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice,  and it takes love...

____________________________________

Somewhere in Mystral...

It was a dark and stormy night a family of four was walking through the woods, tired and injured. their negativity began to attract the very thing they were escaping from, The Grimm. 

A pack of Beowulves manages to catch their scent. The family begins to quicken their pace upon hearing the Alpha's howl.

Natalia and her sister are helping their mother walk because of her leg injury while their father is one-shotting beowulves with a powerful shotgun behind them.

"C'mon Mom we're almost to safety," Lucia stated.

"W-Where's your father..!?" her mother panicked.

"He's buying us the time we need to go," Natalia replied.

"We can't leave him behind." their mother began to panic more struggling in her daughter's hold. 

"Lucy I can't hold her use your semblance." Natalia strained.

Lucia looks conflicted before hearing another shotgun blast, and then she uses her semblance, Command.

 "Sleep

Lucia's voice entered their mother's mind, pulling her into a deep sleep.

Lucia hated using her semblance because of its implications she issued another command, "When you awaken you will forget these two commands."

Now with her subdued, the twins could carry her and managed to cover some distance.

as the sounds of combat grew fainter they got increasingly more worried about their father...

"Lucy I'm going to go check on Dad." Natalia stood up from the ditch they were hiding in.

"But, Dad said we have to make sure mom is safe or we could lose her and little Ryan he's counting on us." Lucia protested.

" I know what Dad said but, we can't lose him either!"

"What if the Grimm show up I left Wilted Lily at home in the chaos and you know how I feel about my semblance," Lucia stated.

"We have to do something." 

"You don't even have a semblance yet and you are unarmed what could you do to a Beowulf." 

Natalia's face darkens.  

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that I just don't want to be alone right now and I don't want to lose you, Nat.." 

Natalia then ran back in the direction of her father despite her sister's protests.

After running for a while Natalia saw her father slumped against a tree disarmed about to be executed by an Alpha Beowulf.

She looked around for a way to help before her eyes landed on his shotgun on the ground.

Natalia grabbed the gun before running toward the beast seeing it raise its paw over her parent.

He snapped out of his delirium only to have a small heart attack when he saw his daughter running with his shotgun. "Natalia Diane Grey, What are you doing!?-

but before he could finish she pressed the barrel against the side of the alpha's Ivory mask then...

Bang!

Natalia pulled the trigger obliterating the grimm's head entirely sending some of the black-colored chunks onto herself and her father before she dropped the weapon to hug her dad.

"Easy hun I don't think I'm going to..." Her father begins to succumb to his wounds when suddenly a roar of an Ursa from behind Natalia.

"No I-I'm getting you out of here!" Natalia struggled to pull her father from his slumped-over position.

Her father hisses in pain. "Natalia stop you're not strong enough!"

Natalia lets go before looking back at the Ursa hulking over to them. She inwardly cursed her own weakness she began to search inwardly but found nothing all hope was lost with her she thought this was her end, killed by an Ursa in the woods.

instinctively she hugged her father tightly.

A small black feather floated down onto the grimm's nose suddenly it was slashed in two vertically before a hoarse voice was heard.

"And I thought I was the unlucky one..."

Natalia's father felt his energy and vitality returning to his body he began to stir awake noticing the dead Ursa, a caped man drinking from a flask, the green glow that was currently closing the gash in his side.

"What the- I should be dead." 

The caped man turned around his crimson eyes looking down at him. "I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was the girl's semblance that saved your life."

"Wait a minute I know you-."

"knows not the time for that let me escort the two of you to Argus and before you ask some huntsmen are escorting your wife and other daughter. The kid is the one who told me what direction you were in." The huntsmen said while putting away his sword.

"Thank goodness." Natalia's father picks up her sleeping form using his shotgun as a crutch for himself.

The two of them walk towards the City of Argus. the huntsmen clearing away all the Grimm in their path swiftly.

After they got to the city Natalia's father wanted to thank their savior but, when he turned around the caped huntsmen was gone but, and a crow's caw was heard shortly afterwards.

_____________________________________