EX Short: Gwenivere

Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime 

-Mineko Iwasaki 

______________________________________

-2 years before the event of Volume 1

My life started off as any old fairytale, nice and peaceful. The way my parents met was something you'd only find in a cheap fantasy novel...

The person in question turned a page in a large, dark green book adorned with the Arc family crest. "My mother, Jeanne Diane Arc, was a noblewoman of the highest order, the daughter of Arcadia's Mayor," they said, their voice carrying a hint of nostalgia.

The atmosphere shifted as the person continued, their tone turning bitter. "My father, Finn, also known as the Outlaw Cid... to think such a union between them would be possible, and much more, frowned upon. Unfortunately, fate permitted it so."

"It was on that fateful day they met—a frigid blizzard in Northern Anima. Two huntsmen, one practically crippled and the other just a bit beaten up before collapsing himself, appeared at the gates of the village of Arcadia. Our guards were happy to take them in. My mother tended to their injuries with her semblance, Holy Saint."

"During that week of rehabilitation, a romance blossomed, unfortunately, The huntsmen had to depart from Arcadia," Another page is turned, "After a year of not seeing each other they meet one night in secrecy, then I was born. Mother saw me as a blessing, while Grandfather saw me as a curse, which was made even worse by the fact I was different from other family members, I looked nothing like my mother I have Platinum blonde hair, pale skin, with my father's green eyes.

"The day we lost mother to the Grimm was the day Grandfather snapped..." The book closes and an adolescent woman stands up from her seat. her gloved hands picking up the book before placing it back in its place on the shelf.

Gwenivere was about to finish what was left in the teacup on her desk when one of her knights barged in.

"This better be good..." She stated.

"FORGIVE ME YOUR EMINENCE! INTRUDERS IN YOUR THRONE ROOM!" The knight in pine green and black armor stated.

"WHAT!?"

_____________________________________

Meanwhile, in the throne room, a black knight with green feathers decorating his armor was fighting three assailants pretty with just a green lance.

The blocks a kick with a metallic clang before shoulder barging the grey-haired attacker who recovers with a simple backflip.

"You just had to say something, Mercury..." A Green haired girl said.

"Just shut up and help me he's like a fucking brick wall," Mercury growled annoyed.

"The Knights of Verdant wind will not tolerate such disrespect, first you disrespect our home calling it gloomy and gothic that I can tolerate, but I will not stand for you calling her Eminence a doll I shall remove your tongue for such insolence." The knight shouted, charging up his semblance.

an older black-haired woman in looked like she was about to step in evidenced by her dress glowing with heat.

The floor cracked below the black knight before he charged forward brandishing his lance at Mercury in a mighty display of power.

"IVAN!" A voice that commanded authority stopped the Knight in his tracks.

Ivan kneeled toward the smaller girl, "Lady Gwenivere I-

"Silence." She commanded.

Mercury leaned over towards The older woman, "Are we sure we have the right person she is a bit...young like she looks 15,"

"You realize I can hear you right state your purpose for being here," Gwenivere stated.

"Have so respect Mercury we stand in the presence of Garuda's Dominant." The woman in red scolded her subordinate.

Gwenivere gripped what seemed to be the pommel of a blade, "You still have yet to tell me what you are doing here and who you are." After Gwenivere finished talking the leader of the intruders spoke.

"My name is Cinder Fall I apologize on behalf of my subordinates we come with a proposition for you..." 

______________________________________

2 years later: present day.

Gwenivere stands in a storm facing one of her more memorable foes, this face-off between fire and wind, his blue eyes meeting her lifeless green.

I made a deal with a Witch...she'd help me in my quest for revenge against my deadbeat of a father

and all she wanted

was 

the man who stands before me now

The Dominant of Fire

Dead...

with that, they clashed her curved sword and dagger clashing with his blazing sword in a fight that'll determine many things.

_____________________________________