Volume 1: The Stray

TEAM BURN we're currently walking through the streets of Vale which are now being decorated for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display.

Bryce decided to cut the silence short with a sigh, "You guys didn't need to follow me I'm just running some errands I can handle myself just fine," 

Bryce turned to his team with a somewhat annoyed expression.

"Well, I'm sorry we care about your well-being you've been off since we came back from Forever Fall," Reina stated with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, dude you stopped baking as much as you usually do and you've been experiencing more migraines than normal," Ulrick stated.

"Guys I'm fine."

"Is it because you've been helping out in Jaune's training?" Natalia chimed in.

"Guys I AM FINE, just the same stupid recurring nightmares nothing I can't deal with," He stated nearly lashing out." 

"Can't be just a stupid nightmare if it keeps the mighty Bryce Rosfield up at night." Reina mocked.

Bryce's eye twitched, "I don't like your tone at the moment."

"Just matching your energy~" Reina winked.

Bryce's tired eyes widened as he realized something, "Oh my god what is wrong with me I usually tease her not the other way around."

Ulrick looks surprised, "I- I don't want to know why that worked."

Natalia sees something before getting an idea.

Natalia Grabs Ulrick pulling him away from the other two.

"Nat, what are you doing?" Ulrick asked confused. 

"Let's try leaving the two of them alone for a bit come on there's chocolate parfait at this spot I enjoy and they do discounts for couples."

"C-Couple but we aren't," Ulrick goes red-faced but the smaller girl puts a finger on his lip.

"Relax it is just pretend..." She flashed an innocent smile but was hurting on the inside.

Natalia grabbed his hand before leading him off somewhere leaving the other two alone.

With Bryce and Reina, They walked side by side in silence.

Reina looked up at the clouds to see a storm approaching, "Oh wow today's weather is going to look just like you Bryce, Shitty."

Bryce's eye twitched, "Today's forecast did say things were going to be wet, I'm sure that'll be a first for you."

Reina closed her eyes as she smiled, "Oh yeah several inches of rain I heard could you imagine that? More than one inch?"

"Y'know what I think I'm having trouble maybe if you moved a little bit into the traffic. The entire world and I would have an easier time imagining that and having the ability to think again because I'm trying to run errands."

"Not my fault Ulrick and Natalia decided to suddenly disappear, now I'm stuck with the next would-be member of My Chemical Romance gone prep."

"Y'know you could just shut up." Bryce gets in her face glaring at her.

"You could also just do the same." Reina glares back at him.

their noses were inches away from touching when... "Uhh, are we interrupting something?" The Familiar voice of Ruby was heard breaking the tension and making them realize how close they were to each other. 

The two of them jump away from each other horrified and bright red.

Ruby was confused, Yang was smirking, Blake and Weiss were indifferent.