Volume 2: Welcome to Beacon

Reina was going on about her morning routine, currently, she was brushing her long silver hair in absolute bliss. her teammates were just now waking up Ulrick shocking Bryce as practice  for his new ability. Bryce of course angrily shot awake voicing his disdain for mornings and how he's not making Ulrick cookies for a week. Before the conflict could go further Natalia used her semblance to paralyze both of them making them collapse with a thud. 

Bryce speaks muffled, "Nat can I just say how annoying your semblance is when I'M ON THE RECEIVING END OF IT!"

"Agreed..." Ulrick grumbled.

"Oh stop being a bunch of drama queens I only tapped your legs." Natalia stepped over them.

"Nat I'm paralyzed from the waist down."

"You'll live what do you think Reina should I have let them argue?" Natalia turned to her best friend.

Reina was snapped out of her thoughts, "Oh erm well if they kept arguing then they'd never beat the Yaoi allegations."

Bryce and Ulrick shot back to their feet the moment the paralysis wore off, "Those are still going around!"

"I mean Bryce Rosfield you are a man of many talents, and Ulrick is always seen eating whatever you cook or bake sometimes that's all it takes for some people to create rumors," Reina stated.

Bryce facepalms, "I swear if this gets worse I'm just going to have to announce personally I'm not gay."

"You have no idea how people work do you Bryce?"

The discussion fell on deaf ears with her thoughts coming to the forefront, "What kind of monster deserves people like them sure we butt heads but I feel like this is where I belong and I wouldn't trade it for the world...." Reina thought. 

___________________________________________

Beacon's peaceful tranquil atmosphere was interrupted by a large unnerving airship followed by smaller ships as the Atlesian fleet approached. Ozpin watched with a weary expression not noticing Glynda walking up from behind whilst he watched his ruined vista.

"Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels," Glynda stated.

"Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man but yes, those are a bit of an eyesore. A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow message "Access Requested" on his desk. "Come in."

The doors slide open to reveal General Ironwood as Ozpin approaches to greet him.

Ironwood cordially says, "Ozpin!"

Ozpin stands at attention.

"Hello, General,"

"Please, drop the formalities." Both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches. "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met." 

"Oh, James!" She gives a personable wave and then drops all pleasantries. "I'll be outside." Glynda walks away.

"Well, she hasn't changed a bit."

"So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?" Ozpin picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks. "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival." He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood.

"Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year." Ironwood pulls out a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug. "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up." Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand.