Prologue: The Noctis Fades Away

The towering building of a high school brought nothing but hope to all students who attended it. It's like the school stood in the center of the world.

Elysium Heights.

The system brings in top students of every talent imaginable. It's said that if you come here and graduate, your life will be changed, completely changed.

Hope's Peak Academy was built to spread hope. It's pretty fitting for a name if you ask some people.

There are two things you need to attend this school. One, you have to be currently attending high school. Two, you need to be the very best at what you do. No ordinary student can enroll in the school. The only way you can attend it is if you have been scouted by the school itself.

I sigh at the gates of EH.

"Elysium Heights, eh? The start of my new life?" I asked. "What a big chance, especially with some of my family. It's going to be heaven." I am Shuttle Kurasu. I'm supposed to be entering Elysium Heights as the Ultimate Badminton Champion.

"I wish this school brings back everyone's hope. We're all spiraling down. The list could go on for everyone." I spoke to myself. "But if this school truly can restore hope... I've to believe it." Another student walked up to me quietly.

"Hello." They said as they smiled.

I quickly turned around to see a girl about my age behind me. "Ah, hi." I waved.

"Hey, I didn't know you made it to this school!" The girl said. "It's been ages since we've seen each other. You remember my name, right?"

"Haha, of course, I do, Cele! Eh, I started going by Shuttle now. It just kind of makes me feel anew."

"Oh, alright then. What's your Ultimate Talent?"

"Ultimate Badminton Champion. You?"

"Ultimate Detective." The girl giggled. "Your name checks out for your talent, aha."

"Does it really? I mean, I—" My vision twisted and warped. I could no longer see the school or the girl in front of me. "H-Huh?!" I gasped, frantically looking around for an explanation. My sight went black and my ears played a loud ringing noise.

~

The noise of ringing could be heard. Shuttle's vision was black until the uneasy pain awakened him. He jolted up in agony, his head meeting with the underneath of a teacher's desk.

THUD.

"Ow, god!" He exclaimed. On the other side of the room, a locker could be seen moving, as banging came directly from it. He was about to unlock the door when suddenly, a random girl came flying out of the locker. They stared at each other questionably, with thoughts racing with fear.

"Umm... so, like, what– no, where are we?" The girl asked. Shuttle looked around, observing every little detail in the current room the two were in.

A room with relatively new desks and tables, but everything else, such as the lockers, looked worn out and ready to fall apart. What could be rust or dirt that covered the walls, and what seemed to be moss that was growing in the corners of the room. After looking around for a bit, Shuttle just shrugged with a face of disappointment. The girl sighed.

"You're a Hope's Peak student too, right?" She asked as Shuttle nodded. "Well, while we're here, I'll introduce myself. I'm Gehenna Kairaishi, the Ultimate Psychic. You?" Gehenna asked. Shuttle stared at Gehenna in disbelief but shrugged it off and introduced himself too.

"Shuttle Kurasu, the Ultimate Badminton Champion," He began, but Gehenna started snickering. "Got a problem with it?" She shook her head but continued snickering which turned into loud laughter. She quickly stopped laughing, wiping away a few tears from how hard she was cackling.