Chapter 3 : Special Bond

August 24 2023

As you walk down the corridors of the school building, I could hear several vioces chattering around you. You see bokuto, and he seems to be searching for someone. You walk up to him, and he smiled when he saw me.

"Heyy Zarah!" He then looks back out into the crowd, as he searches for what he's looking for.

"I'm looking for Alice, and I thought maybe you might know where she is?"

"Sorry bokuto, I don't where she is"

He looks at me for a few seconds. "Oh... It's alright. I thought you might now." He's still smiling, but it's slightly weaker than the smile he had before. It looks like he really wanted to see her, and he seems annoyed that i don't know where she is. He puts his hands in his pockets, as he keeps smiling.

"I gotta find them" he whispered to himself. "Can i ask you about something related to the event?"

"yeah, sure"

"well I was wondering if you decided on an outfit for the event?" He asks, seeming excited about it.

"i do, but you're looking for alice right? you should go look for them first" i stated.

"Alright then, well I guess I'll look for them"

I feel my heart sink. he seems to not want to talk to you, now that he has a clear reason to talk to someone else. I feel a little jealous, but I try not to pay too much attention to it. As he starts walking away, you can't help but feel a little hurt.

I saw a bench, not too far out in the open. I sit down and pull out my phone scrolling through it for a bit.

Every few minutes, I look up from your phone to see if bokuto is coming back. I couldn't help but feel anxiety building up as the minutes tick by, but i tried to distract myself with my phone. 'Maybe he's just too busy talking to them? it doesn't make too much sense, though it's just a small question about the event' i thought to myself.

 As I continue scrolling on my phone, my eyes dart back and forth as I try to keep yourself distracted.

A few more minutes pass.

I start to feel an uncomfortable feeling brewing in your stomach like you're about to burst out of anticipation. I feel like I'm in limbo, just waiting for the time to go by.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps walking back to you.

It's bokuto, and he's smiling again. "Hey, Zarah. Sorry to keep you waiting" he smiles softly.

"Anyways, I was wondering what you finally decided to wear for the event? Will it be something super cute?" he chuckles, and looks at you with anticipation in his eyes.

"I think I'm gonna wear a long black dress" 

As soon as you say those words, a wide smile appears across his face. "I... I bet you'll look amazing." You see his cheeks fill up with a soft pink hue, as he looks down for a moment, and then looks back up at you. He laughs nervously, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"And... did you decide who you're taking as a date?" he asks, and he looks back down again.

"not really"

"Would it be okay if I go with you?" he asks, his voice fills up with an awkward hesitation, as he looks away from you again. He seems to be embarrassed by his own bold actions, and he has to look away from you to hide his expressions.

I feel your heart flutter in joy, as I listen to him. I wonder why he's making a big fuss out of these things, but that doesn't change the fact that he's so cute.