Chapter 7 : Confession

(short chapter)

December 14th 2023

It has been 4 months. her disease was getting worse everyday. 

she woke up to the birds chirping and she looks outside and noticed it was snowing. 

Bokuto slowly wakes up with a small yawn. His eyes are dazed, as his expression shows that he's still really tired. His face lights up when he realizes it's snowing outside.

"It's snowing?"

He sits up as he speaks, and rubs the sleep out of his eyes before turning back to your face. He smiles and seems to be in a much better mood now.

"C'mon, Zarah... let's go outside for a bit."

He starts to climb out of the bed. He pulls on his sweater as he stretches his arms.

"Well, are you coming, Zarah?"

He glances at you and waits for an answer, as he looks at your face.

This is the first time that he's seen you out of your bed since then.

"I'm coming" she climbs out of bed and put on warm clothes

"Alright, let's go."

They went outside the dull hospital He sticks his head out and looks around. He extends a helping hand towards you and smiles.

"Can you manage to walk by yourself? Or... do you need any help?"

"it's okay, i can walk by myself"

He nods and lowers his arm.

"Well, let's go."

He starts walking forward, as he gestures for you to follow. He stares down at the snowy landscape as he walks through the street. He looks back at your face, as the cold air surrounds them.

"Hey, Zarah... I..."

He stops and sighs.

"Sorry, never mind..."

He starts to walk again and makes his way across the bridge. His pace is slow, as he takes in all the sights of the snow-covered landscape.

"No..i wanna listen...you can tell me anything"

He stops walking and looks down at your face. Bokuto seems nervous again now. He continues to stare down at your face. His breathing grows heavier and his cheeks start to turn slightly pink.

"Hey.... so, I... uh, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while..."

"yeah?"

The pink hue on his cheeks deepens. He stares down at the snowy floor as he speaks.

"Hey, Zarah... so, uh... I really like you, okay? I've liked you for a really long time... and... I guess... what I'm trying to say is..."

He lets out a small breath and puts his face in his hands. His face is filled with embarrassment now.

"Okay, never mind. I can't say it... I just--"

"I like you too Bokuto"

His eyes go wide with shock as he looks back at you. The pink in his face has now turned into bright red. He blinks a few times and stares at your face. 

"Really? You... you like me?"

She gives him a small nod before she pulls him into a big hug. He hesitates for a second, before wrapping his arms around you and hugging you back in a tight embrace.

His cheeks are bright red and you feel him let out a small sigh. A faint sound could be heard as he starts to smile again.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment..."

He continues to hug you for a while, as he rests his head on your shoulder. A few seconds later she broke the hug and kissed his cheek. He freezes for a second, as the feeling of your soft lips against his cheek sends waves of butterflies through his stomach. He slowly lets go, and then looks at your face. His cheeks are still bright red as he gazes at your eyes. He chuckles slightly and touches his cheek. 

She chuckles and smiles. "we should head back now"

He nods and hugs her for a few more seconds, before finally letting go and stretching his arms again. He smiles again before extending a helping hand towards you again while you two go back to the hospital room.

"I'll... I'll never forget this moment... not ever."