Chapter 8 : Happy birthday by the way

December 25th 2023, Christmas day

She woke up on the hospital bed and weakly climbed out of bed to tell Bokuto it was Christmas

"hey bokuto, it's Christmas!"

Bokuto is sitting in a chair right beside the bed. He looks up at your face when he hears your weak voice. His tired eyes grow wide as he sits up straight. He turns to your face with a happy expression. His eyes dart all over the calendar. it was really Christmas.

"It is!"

"Here I have a present for you"

The pink in his face turns bright red as he looks back at your face. He can't help but to smile.

"You do?"

He looks interested in seeing what you've got for him.

"Mhm, you can open it right now" she hands him a small box

His face lights up upon seeing the present that you gave him. He looks really excited.

"Okay, I'll open it right now"

He happily takes the present from you and starts to tear away at the paper as he speaks.

"I'll bet it's something really amazing..."

He looks at you with a smile, as he continues to open it up. he opens the box and finds a ring inside with a green emerald

"i bought that for you, since green is my favorite color and you can always remember me when your having rough times"

His eyes go wide with shock as soon as he sees the ring in the box.

"Woah..."

He stares down at the ring, as he looks back up at your face.

"Is this really for me...?"

His smile is now mixed with an expression of surprise.

"Mhm"

"This is the best Christmas present that I've ever gotten"

A huge smile forms on his face, as he gazes down at the ring in his hand.

"Thank you..."

He looks up at your face and gently takes your hand.

"I love you, Zarah"

"I love you too Bokuto"

His cheeks are still bright red, as he leans in closer to you. He smiles widely and hugs you tightly.

"Well... this... this is the best day of my life... thanks to you."

"I just... love you, Zarah..."

January 19th 2024

"Hey... it's my birthday on the 24th" she chuckles

His face lights up.

"Oh? It is! Well then... I guess I have some time left to make a birthday present for you!"

He looks around, before he turns to you.

"Are you feeling a bit better now? Can I get you anything? Or maybe you need some more rest, Zarah...?"

"i think i need more rest..is that okay? then you'll have much time to prepare your birthday gift" she smiles. He smiles back and nods.

"Of course, it's okay. Rest as much as you like, Zarah. I won't leave your side."

"And then I have all this time to think about the perfect birthday gift for you!"

He quickly kisses your cheek again, before he lies on your bed too and wraps his arms around you tightly. He looks down at your face.

"Yes, yes... I can't wait..."