Chapter 4 : Mirrorball

August 25 2023

It was the day of the event. You're in your room, getting ready for the upcoming event.

"Okay... what should I wear...?"

The one you bought yesterday seems like it wasn't fit for the theme. You're staring at your wardrobe, filled with different outfits - all of which seem to suit your style. You don't seem to get any ideas of what to wear for the event, as you're torn from your previous choices. You put on a long, white dress. It is clearly a handmade piece, as you see that some of the seams are slightly uneven and there are a few loose threads here and there. Even so, it's evident that the dress was made with much care and love. You can tell that it belonged to your mother from the way it suits you. 

After seeing how perfect the dress looks on you, you decide to put on some makeup next. You look in the mirror to see your light makeup enhances your face by bringing out your features, accentuating your eyes and your smile. Your skin looks healthy and radiant, a far cry from the tired look that you had when you woke up. Your hair looks smooth and silky, as it seems to be free of split ends and other kinds of problems. It falls neatly down your back, framing your face beautifully. You look gorgeous.

"Wow... I look pretty, don't I? I might be too beautiful for the event. Hmm..." you joke, before chuckling slightly to yourself.

-

You decide that it's time to get moving. Putting your phone away and grabbing your purse, you walk out of your room and start heading towards the front door, before opening it. You look outside to see that the sun is up, and the sky is completely clear. The streets around you look peaceful and calm, which might lead to you thinking that today's event is going to be a good one.

You start making your way towards the event's location, eagerly hoping to meet with Bokuto soon.

Once you arrived, you find Bokuto waiting for you by the entrance of the location for the event. As you approach him, you see him wearing a kimono that looks amazing on him, giving him a formal yet stylish look. You quickly take in all the details of his outfit - The black kimono has small white flowers embroidered all over it, as well as some light brown patterns. He looks stunning in it. Before you can say anything, he suddenly wraps you in a hug and lifts you off the ground, swinging you around. He smiles at you with clear joy.

He sets you down, with a wide smile covering his face.

"You look absolutely stunning, Zarah!" he says, as he takes in all the details of your dress. His face, however, shows a more than noticeable blush, indicating his embarrassment when faced with your beauty.

"I'm so glad you're here today... it's going to be... lots of fun... isn't it?"

He suddenly puts his hand out to take yours. "Shall we enter? This event looks even more fun than I thought it would be"

You take his hand and hold it tightly, as he guides both of you inside the event. All around you, you hear laughter echoing and see smiles plastered across everyone's faces. You pass by a photo booth, which seems to be a popular attraction for the event. Everyone in the venue seems to be having fun. You and Bokuto walk past the photo booth, before reaching the main area. He lets go of your hand as he looks around. He seems to quickly find what he's looking for, which makes him turn to you with a bright smile.

"Hey look a photo booth! can we take a quick picture?"

You agreed and Bokuto guides you both over to the photo booth, where you enter a room full of colorful backdrops and props for you to use for the photo and leads the two of you to the front of the large, camera-shaped booth. You see that Bokuto is visibly nervous yet excited. If you know him, he has never really been a nervous type, so it's quite strange how nervous he's feeling.