Chapter 10 : It's All My Fault

He sighs quietly and stands up.

"May I say one last goodbye to her?"

"of course"

"Thank you."

He looks at Zarah's face once again. His eyes fill up with tears again.

"Zarah... my love..... it's been too soon... we need to spend more time together... we  promised to go to the beach and watch the sunset together...... and visit your parents at their home... 

His whole body trembles, as he speaks.

"...and we still need to get married... and I still need to give you that wedding ring...the one with the rose quartz... and we still need to adopt that cat from the shelter... and..." 

He takes in deep breaths, as his voice breaks again while tears continue to stream down his cheeks. His arms and body shake and tremble, as a wave of sadness washes over him. His head hangs down low, as he looks at the floor. 

"sir...we need to escort her body"

His eyes slowly open, as he looks back at the doctor. He slowly nods

"I'm ready now...please, take her..."

The nurse enters the room and escorts the body out of the room.

"May i ask? will you be attending the funeral?" 

Bokuto sighs, as he rubs his hands over his face. He doesn't immediately respond for a few seconds, before speaking up.

"... yes, I will"

"alright. I'll inform her family"

---

(time skip)

It was the day of her funeral and everybody went there. her family. her friends. also Bokuto

Bokuto arrives at Zarah's funeral with his father. He looks straight on the ground, as if trying to avoid seeing everyone else.

Zarah's grandmother, Anne spotted bokuto and approached him. 

"hello dear...if you'd like...can you give a speech for zarah?"

He quickly looks up at Rica and nods slightly.

"Yes, I can do that"

He pauses for a moment, as he tries to calm himself down. He takes the microphone and gulps down a hard breath. He nods lightly to Anne. His body shakes a little, as he brings the microphone closer to his face.

"I'm not good at speeches... but I'll try my best..."

A tear rolls down his cheek.

"This...won't be easy... but Zarah deserves it... she truly and fully deserves this..."

Taking a deep breath, he speaks quickly. But as soon as he opens his mouth, his voice shakes.

"We all knew... we all knew how kind and loving she was... how gentle and sweet she always was...."

He pauses for a moment, as more tears roll down his cheeks.

"...we all how caring and selfless she always was...."

His voice trails off again, as a wave of sadness washes over him. He takes in deep breaths, as he continues to speak.

"All of us... all this time... we've always loved her... always cared for her... always cherished her... always protected her...and always supported her... always...believed in her..."